The first new Teamfight Tactics patch of the year is here to add Lunar units to the game. Along with these two new characters, patch 10.1 also brings with it a variety of different balance changes and a few new items.
The new units in this patch are Leona, a Tier 1 Warden unit that gains a shield, and Karma, a Tier 3 Mystic who gives her ally a shield and bonus attack speed. These units are both Lunar units, which is a new Trait being added with patch 10.1. When you have two Lunar units on your board your team will gain 15% critical strike chance, 15% critical strike damage, and 10% spell power every seven seconds — this can stack up to four times.
As for the new items, this patch adds Last Whisper, which reduces a target’s armor by 90%every time they’re hit by a critical attack. There’s also a new item called Titan’s Resolve which gives units a damage bonus every time they’re hit by an attack or hit an enemy with a critical strike. There’s also the new Bramble Vest which negates bonus damage from critical hits and deals damage to enemies when the wearer is hit by basic attacks.
This patch also includes a whole host of balance changes to individual champions, but you’re better off looking through the notes, or just searching up your favorite units to see what’s changed.
For a look at the full Teamfight Tactics patch 10.1 notes you can find them all below. If you’re looking for the Summoner’s Rift notes, you can find them in our other patch notes post.
Lunar — (2): Every 7 seconds, your team gains 15% Critical Strike Chance, 15% Critical Strike Damage, and 10% Spell Power. (Stacks up to 4 times)
- Tier 1
- Class: Warden
- Health: 650/1170/2106
- Armor: 40
- Attack Damage: 50/90/162
- Attack Speed: 0.55
- Mana: 50/100
- Ability: Lunar Barrier - Lenoa reduces all damage done to her by 40/90/140 for 5 seconds.
- Tier 3
- Class: Mystic
- Health: 600/1080/1944
- Armor: 20
- Attack Damage: 50/90/162
- Attack Speed: 0.7
- Mana: 75/100
- Ability: Inspire - At the start of combat, Karma tethers to her closest ally. Karma shields the tethered ally (or a random one if the tether is dead) for 5 seconds, absorbing the next 250/400/800 damage. While the shield holds, the ally receives 60/70/80% bonus Attack Speed.
New Little Legends
- Wants to take over the world -- and eat all the yummiest things in it. But, he’s very small. He often has to hide under things in order to not get squashed. While he hides, he machinates on his complex plans.
- An adorable statue carved from the finest Demacian petricite (anti-magic stone). He has a soft spot for the vulnerable creatures of the world, and tries to protect them with every ounce of his strength as if he was a giant colossus -- even if he is still growing.
- Tocker is constantly tinkering with things to make them better, even on his own body! (His left wing is always a bit squeaky). He loves meeting new people and learning about the world through his enormous blue eyes.
Last Whisper (New)
- Recipe: Sparring Gloves + Recurve Bow
- Replaces Repeating Crossbow.
- Critical hits reduce the target’s Armor by 90% for 3 seconds. This effect does not stack.
Titan’s Resolve (New)
- Recipe: Chain Vest + Recurve Bow
- Replaces Phantom Dancer.
- When the wearer is hit or inflicts a critical strike, they gain a 2% stacking damage bonus, up to 100%. At 50 stacks, the wearer gains 25 Armor and MR; and increases in size. Resets every round.
Bramble Vest (New)
- Recipe: 2xChain(z) Vest
- Replaced Thornmail
- Negates bonus damage from incoming critical hits. On being hit by a Basic Attack, deal 80/120/160 magic damage to all nearby enemies (once every 1 second maximum). Scales with wearer’s Star Level.
Frozen Heart (Mini-Rework)
- Before: Nearby enemies’ attack speed is slowed by 25%
- Now: Nearby enemies’ attack speed is slowed by 40%. (Stacking increases the radius of this effect, not the amount of the slow)
Iceborn Gauntlet (Mini-Rework)
- Before: Upon dodging an attack, creates a zone of ice. Enemies inside the zone have their attack speed reduced by 25%.
- Now: After casting a spell, the wearer’s next basic attack freezes the target for 1.5 seconds.
Ionic Spark (Mini-Rework)
- Before: Deal 90 true damage to an enemy when they cast a spell.
- Now: Enemies within 3 hexes that cast a spell are zapped, taking magic damage equal to 200% of their max Mana.
- Before: Gains a spell shield that prevents the next crowd control from applying. This shield refreshes after 3 seconds.
- Now: [UNIQUE] The wearer is immune to crowd control.
Locket of the Iron Solari (New Scaling)
- Shields allies for 300 for 8 seconds >>> Shields allies within two hexes in the same row for 250/275/300 damage for 8 seconds (scales with wearer’s Star Level)
Luden’s Echo (New Scaling)
- Deals 150 magic damage >>> Deals 120/160/200 magic damage (scales with wearer’s Star Level)
Statikk Shiv (New Scaling)
- Deals 100 magic damage to 3 enemies >>> Deals 80 magic damage to 3/4/5 enemies (scales with wearer’s Star Level)
- Proc Chance: 25% >>> 20%
Red Buff & Morellonomicon
- Burn: 20% over 10 seconds >>> 18% over 10 seconds
- Druid Health Regen: 40 >>> 45
- Light Attack Speed Bonus: 15%/25%/35% >>> 15%/35%/55%
- Ocean Mana Regen (per 4 seconds): 15/30/60 >>> 10/30/60
- Shadow Bonus Damage: 60%/140% >>> 65%/150%
- Vayne Health: 500 >>> 550
- Vayne Ability Damage (Percentage of Max Health): 9%/12%/15% >>> 10%/13%/16%
- Warwick Mana: 50/150 >>> 50/125
- Warwick Ability Damage: 200/450/700 >>> 200/500/800
- Jax Health: 650 >>> 700
- Jax Attack Damage: 50 >>> 55
- Malzahar’s Minion Attack Damage: 30/60/90 >>> 40/70/100
- Neeko Total Mana: 80 >>> 60
- Senna Ability Ally Damage: 15/30/55 >>> 15/40/65
- Skarner Shield Bonus Attack Speed: 30%/65%/100% >>> 50%/75%/100%
- Syndra Total Mana: 80 >>> 65
- Varus Ability Damage: 225/450/675 >>> 225/450/800
- Aatrox Health: 700 >>> 800
- Aatrox Ability Damage: 250/500/1000 >>> 300/600/1200
- Azir Spell Damage: 125/250/375 >>> 150/275/450
- Nocturne Attack Speed: 0.75 >>> 0.7
- Nocturne Attack Damage: 60 >>> 55
- Qiyana Stun Duration: 3/4/5 >>> 2.5/3.5/4.5
- Qiyana Ability Damage: 300/500/700 >>> 300/500/900
- Sivir Ability Duration: 7 Seconds >>> 5 Seconds
- Annie’s Tibbers Attack Damage: 150/300/1000 >>> 125/350/1500
- Twitch Ability Attack Damage Ratio: 125%/150%/300% >>> 130%/160%/300%
- Amumu Stun Duration: 2/2/2 >>> 1.5/2/5
- Amumu Ability Damage: 150/250/1337 >>> 100/200/1337
- Amumu Starting/Total Mana: 50/125 >>> 75/150
- Master Yi Ability Bonus Damage: 50/75/500 >>> 75/100/500
- Nami Ability Damage: 150/250/350 >>> 100/200/300
- Untargetable units can no longer be impacted by crowd control.
- Actually fixed a bug where Annie could start gaining mana again after summoning two Tibbers then having one of them die.