Teamfight Tactics Set 2 is right around the corner, but before we dive into the ocean of new units, traits, and classes, we’ve got one more patch for Set 1. In this final Set 1 patch, Riot is making a few balance changes, and a bigger-picture change to player damage that might even carry every to Rise of the Elements.
The biggest change in patch 9.21 is the change to player damage. In previous iterations units did considerably more damage as you increased their star level, but that damage is now being reduced and put into units’ base damage instead. This should help make damage a little more even, with more in the early game and a little bit less during late game.
As for balance changes, Guardians, Hextech and Knights are all getting a slight nerf, while Rangers and Sorcerers are getting buffed. Meanwhile, Elementals are getting an indirect buff as both Lissandra and Brand got buffs to their abilities.
For a look at all the changes coming to Teamfight Tactics in patch 9.21 you can see the full patch notes below. You can also check out the League of Legends patch notes.
Teamfight Tactics patch 9.21
Player Damage changes
- 1-Star by Tier: 1/1/2/2/3 ⇒ 1/1/1/2/3
- 2-Star by Tier: 2/2/3/4/5 ⇒ 2/2/2/3/4
- 3-Star by Tier: 3/4/5/6/8 ⇒ 3/3/3/5/8
- Base Damage: 1/2/2/3/4/5 ⇒ 3/3/3/4/5/6
- Guardian bonus Armor: 45 ⇒ 40
- Hextech Item Disable duration: 7 seconds ⇒ 5 seconds
- Knight Damage blocked: 15/35/60 ⇒ 15/30/60
- Rangers bonus Attack Speed: 25%/70% ⇒ 40%/70%
- Sorcerer Ability Power: 40%/100%/175% ⇒ 40%/120%/200%
- Lissandra Starting/Total Mana: 0/85 ⇒ 0/95
- Varus Attack Damage: 50 ⇒ 60
- Brand Pyroclasm bounce range: 2 Hexes ⇒ 3 Hexes
- Brand Pyroclasm missile speed: Slower ⇒ Faster
- Cho’Gath Spell Damage: 175/350/525 ⇒ 200/400/600
- Draven Attack Damage: 70 ⇒ 65
- Pantheon Armor: 80 ⇒ 70
- Locket of the Iron Solari duration: 7 seconds ⇒ 8 seconds
- Redemption Health threshold: 25% ⇒ 30%
- Repeating Crossbow Attack Speed and Crit Chance per stack: 20% ⇒ 30%
- Spear of Shojin Mana restoration: 15% ⇒ 18%
- Trap Claw stun duration: 5 seconds ⇒ 4 seconds
- Kai’Sa’s spell tooltip now properly scales with Ability Power
- Coins don’t launch as far
- Adjusted a few of the drops in Thieves Gloves
- Draven now has the intended no longer has a higher attack speed ratio than intended