The sisters’ big updates are finally moving to live servers this patch. Kayle and Morgana’s reworks are coming!
Patch 9.5 is big for that reason alone, but there’s plenty of other gameplay changes in here, including a buff to Stormrazor after it got hit a little too hard, changes to Akali’s kit, and buffs to champions like Gangplank. (I mean, it’s hard to look like an important change when two champions are getting big upgrades this patch.)
This patch will also include the release of K/DA Ahri Prestige Edition, though the skin will only be obtainable through Prestige Points. The good news is that Arclight Brand is also dropping this patch, and you can buy him for normal RP.
ARURF is also sticking around for this patch and there are a bunch of balance changes to beef up some champions who weren’t doing too hot and tone down some that were tearing it up.
Kayle and Morgana
Kayle and Morgana are ready to take down the guilty. The sisters serve justice in Patch 9.5!
Ring movement speed durations increased. Stealth from turrets adjusted. E damage increased. R cooldown decreased.
Passive - Assassin’s Mark
EDGE OF RING MOVEMENT SPEED DURATION :: 1.25 seconds >>> 2 seconds
OUTSIDE OF RING MOVEMENT SPEED DURATION :: 1.25 seconds >>> 2 seconds
W - Twilight Shroud
STEALTH FROM TURRETS :: Akali is now only revealed by turrets within a turret’s attack range, rather than its sight range
PEEK-A-BOO :: Akali now only needs to exit and re-enter her shroud once to extend the shroud’s duration by the maximum 3 seconds, rather than extending it by 0.5 seconds six times
E - Shuriken Flip
FIRST CAST DAMAGE :: 60/90/120/150/180 >>> 70/105/140/175/210
SECOND CAST DAMAGE :: 60/90/120/150/180 >>> 50/80/110/140/170
R - Perfect Execution
COOLDOWN :: 120/100/80 seconds >>> 100/85/70 seconds
E root adjusted.
E - Tangle-Barbs
ROOT DURATION :: 0.5 seconds on all enemies except the last champion hit; 0.7/0.9/1.1/1.3/1.5 seconds against the last champion hit, increased to 1.8/2.1/2.4/2.7/3 seconds if Tangle-Barbs hit at least two enemies >>> 0.7/0.9/1.1/1.3/1.5 seconds on the first enemy hit, 1.8/2.1/2.4/2.7/3 seconds on all other enemies hit
BUGFIX :: No longer disarms enemies
W damage and dash speed increased.
W - Grand Entrance
DAMAGE :: 70/115/160/205/250 (+0.7 ability power) >>> 70/120/170/220/270 (+0.7 ability power)
DASH SPEED :: 1400/1445/1480 (based on type of boots) >>> 1500
Spire radius increased; Red buff Spire now covers Krugs and Raptors on both sides of the map. Spires removed from minimap.
Passive - Crystal Spires
[REM] INTRUDER ALARM :: Spires no longer appear on the minimap
SPIRE RADIUS :: 1150 >>> 1600
[UPD] PORQUE NO LOS DOS? :: Red buff Spire now in range of both Krugs and Raptors
Attack speed growth decreased. Passive cooldown increased but W now reduces it. Q ratio decreased, no longer deals reduced passthrough damage. W attack speed increased. E AoE can now crit. R cooldown, damage, knockup/knockback increased; no longer deals reduced passthrough damage.
ATTACK SPEED GROWTH :: 2.5% >>> 2%
Passive - Blast Shield
COOLDOWN :: 12-8 seconds (levels 1-9) >>> 16-12 seconds (levels 1-9) (see Denting Blows below)
SHIELD RATIO :: 10% max health >>> 15% max health
Q - Vault Breaker
[REM] QUARTER POUNDER :: No longer deals 25% reduced damage to non-champions
RATIO :: 1.6 bonus attack damage >>> 1.4 bonus attack damage
W - Denting Blows
ATTACK SPEED :: 30/35/40/45/50% >>> 30/37.5/45/52.5/60%
[NEW] PASSIVE COOLDOWN :: Blast Shield’s cooldown is now reduced by 3 seconds whenever Denting Blows procs
E - Excessive Force
CRITICAL CONES :: Damage cone can now critically strike
RATIO :: 1.15 total attack damage, 0.7 ability power >>> 1.1 total attack damage, 0.9 ability power
R - Assault and Battery
COOLDOWN :: 110/85/60 seconds >>> 120/100/80 seconds
DAMAGE :: 150/300/450 (+1.4 bonus attack damage) >>> 150/325/500 (+1.1 bonus attack damage)
[REM] QUARTER POUNDER :: No longer deals 25% reduced damage to secondary targets
SECONDARY TARGET KNOCKBACK :: Vi knocks back enemies she passes through by ||| 250 range over 0.25 seconds >>> 350 range over 0.75 seconds
Lucian Audio Updates
Cleaning up some of Lucian’s ability audio to make it clearer!
BULLETS :: Clearer hit audio on Base and Striker Lucian basic attacks, passive-empowered attacks, and The Culling
ARDENT BLAZE :: Cast audio is shimmerier, deep tones on travel audio reduced, target hit sound added. Changes apply to all skins except High Noon which already had them implemented (Heartseeker Lucian’s on-hit sound is unchanged).
RELENTLESS PURSUIT :: Dash audio brightened on Base and Striker Lucian
Relic Shield Line
RELIC SHIELD HEALING :: 15 (+2% target’s missing health) >>> 5-30 at 0-100% target’s missing health
TARGON’S BRACE HEALING :: 40 (+2% target’s missing health) >>> 10-60 at 0-100% target’s missing health
REMNANT OF THE ASPECT HEALING :: 50 (+2% target’s missing health) >>> 15-90 at 0-100% target’s missing health
Given that Stormrazor’s update shifted it from a rush item to a late pickup, we erred on the side of undershooting its power to make sure it was a clearly less attractive first buy. But now, it’s too weak, so we’re buffin’ it.
ATTACK DAMAGE :: 55 >>> 60
ATTACK SPEED :: 25% >>> 30%
Bugfixing Aftershock’s resist duration to do what the tooltip says.
RESIST DURATION :: 3 seconds >>> 2.5 seconds
ADAPTIVE FORCE :: 2-10 per stack (10-50 at max stacks) >>> 2-6 per stack (10-30 at max stacks)
Mid-Patch 9.4 Updates
(Reminder: These have been live for a while already.)
ADAPTIVE FORCE :: 3-15 per stack (max 15-75) >>> 2-10 per stack (max 10-50). This change is overwritten by the line above.
RANGED STACK DURATION :: 3 seconds >>> 2 seconds (melee stack duration still 8 seconds)
Making it more competitive with Coup de Grace and Last Stand.
BONUS DAMAGE :: 4-10% >>> 5-12% (still vs targets with 10%-100% more maximum health than you)
E damage increased.
E - Vorpal Spikes
DAMAGE :: 20/30/40/50/60 to 22/34/46/58/70
E magic resist increased.
E - Masochism
MAGIC RESIST :: 2% per stack, up to 6/12/18/24/30% >>> 3% per stack, up to 6/15/24/33/42%
E bonus damage to champions increased. R damage per wave increased.
E - Powder Keg
BONUS DAMAGE TO CHAMPIONS :: 60/90/120/150/180 >>> 80/105/130/155/180
R - Cannon Barrage
MAGIC DAMAGE PER WAVE :: 35/60/85 (+0.1 ability power) >>> 40/70/100 (+0.1 ability power)
MAX DAMAGE :: 420/720/1020 (+1.2 ability power) >>> 480/840/1200 (+1.2 ability power)
Base attack damage increased.
ATTACK DAMAGE :: 63 >>> 66
Q attack damage increased.
Q - Dancing Grenade
RATIO :: 0.4/0.475/0.55/0.625/0.7 total attack damage >>> 0.45/0.525/0.6/0.675/0.75 total attack damage
Nunu & Willump
Health decreased. Q healing decreased.
HEALTH :: 590 >>> 570
Q - Consume
HEAL :: 75/120/165/210/255 >>> 75/110/145/180/215
Passive crit chance cap increased late.
Passive - Battle Fury
CRIT CHANCE CAP PER FURY :: Up to 35% >>> 35/40/45/50% at levels 1/6/11/16
W heal increased early, decreased late; heal ratio increased, damage ratio increased.
W - Kingslayer
HEAL :: 50/80/110/140/170 (+0.35 ability power) >>> 60/80/100/120/140 (+0.45 ability power)
DAMAGE RATIO :: 0.55 ability power >>> 0.65 ability power
Maiden damage and mark proc damage decreased.
R - Eulogy of the Isles
MAIDEN DAMAGE :: 10/20/40 (+0.5 Yorick’s total attack damage) >>> 0/10/40 (+0.5 Yorick’s total attack damage)
MARK DAMAGE :: 5/7.5/10% target’s maximum health >>> 3/6/9% target’s maximum health
Fixed a bug where R could deal damage twice.
Mid-Patch 9.4 update
Reminder: This change has been live for a while already.
BUGFIX :: Fixed a bug where R - Void Rush could deal damage twice if Rek’Sai’s target Flashed away the instant Void Rush’s damage was dealt
Surprise—we’re extending ARURF by another two patches! Since we’ve got another month of ultra rapid firing in store, we’ve also got a ton more balance changes for 9.5. If you’re a member of the Golden Spatula club, you’ll hang onto your benefits for the full extended duration.
Let’s start with the buffs:
- Aatrox — BUFF :: +15% damage buff increased to +20%
- Akali — BUFF :: +15% damage, -10% damage taken
- Alistar — BUFF :: +5% damage, -10% damage taken
- Anivia — BUFF :: +15% damage
- Aurelion Sol — BUFF :: +5% damage buff increased to +10%
- Bard — BUFF :: +15% damage buff increased to +20%
- Braum — BUFF :: -5% damage taken buff increased to -10%
- Darius — BUFF :: +5% damage buff increased to +10%
- Elise — BUFF :: +10% damage, -10% damage taken
- Evelynn — BUFF :: +10% damage buff increased to +20%
- Gangplank — BUFF :: +10% damage buff increased to +15%
- Gnar — BUFF :: +5% damage buff increased to +10%
- Ivern — BUFF :: +10% damage, -15% damage taken
- Jhin — BUFF :: +20% damage
- Katarina — BUFF :: +15% damage, -10% damage taken
- Quinn — BUFF :: +15% damage
- Sion — BUFF :: +10% damage
- Sona — BUFF :: -5% damage nerf removed
- Tahm Kench — BUFF :: -20% damage taken buff increased to -25%
- Taliyah — BUFF :: +15% damage
- Thresh — BUFF :: +5% damage buff increased to +10%, -5% damage taken buff increased to -10%
- Udyr — BUFF :: +10% damage, -15% damage taken
- Urgot — BUFF :: +5% damage buff increased to +15%
- Yasuo — BUFF :: +10% damage buff increased to +15%, -5% damage taken buff increased to -10%
- Zac — BUFF :: -10% damage taken buff increased to -15%
- Zilean — BUFF :: +10% damage buff increased to +20%
- Zoe — BUFF :: +10% damage
And of course some nerfs:
- Ahri — NERF :: -5% damage nerf increased to -8%
- Fizz — NERF :: -5% damage
- Garen — NERF :: -5% damage nerf increased to -10%
- Heimerdinger — NERF :: -5% damage
- Jayce — NERF :: -5% damage
- Nocturne — NERF :: -5% damage
- Sivir — NERF :: -5% damage nerf increased to -8%
- Syndra — NERF :: -5% damage
- Vladimir — NERF :: -8% damage
- First Elder Dragon — NERF :: Burn decreased from 141 over 3 seconds to 90 over 3 seconds
- Second Elder Dragon — NERF :: Burn decreased from 255 over 3 seconds to 210 over 3 seconds
- Third Elder Dragon — NERF :: Burn decreased from 315 over 3 seconds to 270 over 3 seconds
- Celerity now properly increases bonus movement speed from Time Warp Tonic
- Fixed a bug where some champions would sometimes stand in place instead of auto-attacking
- Zombie Brand’s VO no longer plays globally when Brand is in vision
- Lunar Empress Lux’s textures no longer becomes corrupted upon death
- Darius’ Base skin no longer plays God King Darius’ E - Apprehend quotes
- Papercraft Anivia’s landing SFX during her recall have been restored
- When champions shield or bind Papercraft Anivia, they are now a consistent size when compared to her base during Passive - Rebirth
- Rengar’s R - Thrill of the Hunt true sight indicator from the ability is no longer misplaced on Star Guardian Ezreal
- Udyr’s Q - Tiger Stance level-up tooltips now appear
- Dropping replay files onto the League executable now works in all regions
- Fixed a bug where the “No Ban” option was missing in the pick/ban phase in Ranked queue
Upcoming Skins & Chromas
The following skins will be released this patch:
- K/DA Ahri Prestige Edition
- Arclight Brand
The following chromas will be released this patch:
- Arclight Brand
- Blackthorn Morgana
- Viridian Kayle