Things are winding down in League of Legends and patch 9.21 proves that. As we get ready for preseason, this patch only has new skins, champion balance changes, and bugfixes.
Pyke is getting toned down, whereas other champions are just getting a smidgen of changes or fixes to their kits.
The beacon of beauty in this patch is definitely the Halloween skins, which are for Blitzcrank, Kassadin, and Miss Fortune, with the latter getting a Prestige version of the skin.
There’s not much else going on here. Seriously. With Worlds 2019 happening now, Riot Games announcing other new titles, and preseason approaching, this is the calm before the storm.
While you’re here, here’s a reminder that the 2019 ranked season ends on Nov. 19, so go finish your grind so you can get this year’s Victorious skin.
E base damage per spin decreased.
E - Judgment
BASE DAMAGE PER SPIN 8/12/16/20/24 ⇒ 4/8/12/16/20
DAMAGE RATIO PER SPIN 0-8.2 (levels 1-18) (+32/34/36/38/40% attack damage) (unchanged)
Q damage increased; Rhaast’s modified damage ratio increased; bonus damage to monsters decreased.
Q - Reaping Slash
DAMAGE 60/80/100/120/140 ⇒ 75/95/115/135/155
RHAAST MODIFIED DAMAGE 0.5 total attack damage ⇒ 0.55 total attack damage
BONUS DAMAGE TO MONSTERS 55 ⇒ 40
Base stats rounded up. Q and E base damage increased.
MANA 322.22 ⇒ 325
MANA REGEN 8.676 ⇒ 8.75
Q - Caustic Spittle
BASE DAMAGE 80/130/180/230/280 ⇒ 90/140/190/240/290
E - Void Ooze
BASE DAMAGE60/105/150/195/240 ⇒ 75/120/165/210/255
E shield and damage increased later.
E - Help, Pix!
SHIELD 80/115/150/185/220 ⇒ 80/120/160/200/240
DAMAGE 80/110/140/170/200 ⇒ 80/120/160/200/240
W cost flattened; damage increased. R root duration increased.
Q - Bramble Smash
BUGFIX Maokai will no longer damage nearby targets if he’s begun casting Q - Bramble Smash right before dying
W - Twisted Advance
COST 60/65/70/75/80 ⇒ 60 at all levels
DAMAGE 50/75/100/125/150 ⇒ 70/95/120/145/170
R - Nature’s Grasp
ROOT DURATION 0.6-2.4 seconds (based on distance traveled) ⇒ 0.8-2.6 seconds (based on distance traveled)
Phantom Hits now proc Double Strike and apply Double Strike stacks.
Passive - Double Strike
PHANTOM HIT BUGFIX Master Yi’s Phantom Hits (from Guinsoo’s Rageblade) will now properly proc Double Strike and apply Double Strike stacks
Base health growth decreased. Passive Grey Health from damage decreased.
HEALTH GROWTH 100 ⇒ 90
Passive - Gift of the Drowned Ones
GREY HEALTH 30-81% (levels 1-18) of the damage he takes from enemy champions ⇒ 25-50% (levels 1-18) of the damage he takes from enemy champions
W box duration decreased.
W - Jack In The Box
BOX DURATION 60 seconds ⇒ 40 seconds
Follow-up QoL change and passive bugfix for the adult woman.
RESOURCE BAR When her Passive - Power Chord is ready, Sona’s resource bar will now change color based on her current active aura
PASSIVE BUGFIX Sona’s abilities no longer fail to generate Passive - Power Chord stacks immediately after an empowered attack
Base stats rounded up. Q damage increased.
HEALTH 528.04 ⇒ 530
ATTACK DAMAGE 52.04 ⇒ 53
ARMOR 22.72 ⇒ 23
Q - Siphon Power
DAMAGE 50/65/80/95/110 ⇒ 60/75/90/105/120
BUGFIX Now properly buffs Viktor’s shield when augmented
W - Gravity Field
SFX BUGFIX Gravity Field’s SFX is no longer noticeably louder when using it against more than one enemy
Q damage ratio increased later. W bonus attack speed increased.
Q - Jaws of the Beast
DAMAGE RATIO 6/6.5/7/7.5/8% of the target’s maximum health ⇒ 6/7/8/9/10% of the target’s maximum health
W - Blood Hunt
BONUS ATTACK SPEED 50/65/80/95/110% upon attacking a Blood Hunted target or an enemy unit below 50% of their maximum health ⇒ 70/80/90/100/110% upon attacking a Blood Hunted target or an enemy unit below 50% of their maximum health
- When Kindred casts W - Wolf’s Frenzy, Wolf now properly attacks enemies in range when she is not attacking anything
- When walking over a Rift Scuttler Speed Shrine, champions will now have a Revealed Eyes marker over them
- Enemies spotted by Ashe’s E - Hawkshot will no longer have the vision Eyes above their heads until the end of the game
- Qiyana’s R - Supreme Display of Talent VFX no longer desynchronize with its effects and they properly follow the outline around terrain all the way through from the enemies’ perspective if it is cast in Fog of War
- Heimerdinger’s R - UPGRADE!!!’s tooltip no longer mentions that his E - CH-3X Lightning Grenade’s slow is improved to 80%
- Only champions can pick up Eye of the Herald. Dashing as Yasuo through it with R - Last Breath or having the living shadow from Shadow Assassin Kayn’s W - Blade’s Reach stand on it will no longer have those non-champion entities pick it up
- When Sylas Hijacks Nidalee’s ultimate and uses her Q - Takedown, he’ll now properly do damage with it
- Aurelion Sol’s R - Voice of Light’s VFX are no longer globally visible in Fog of War
- Neeko can once again select herself to deactivate her disguise, putting it on a 2-second cooldown
- Kled will no longer lose his untargetable status when dismounting near turrets/walls
Upcoming Skins & Chromas
The following skins will be released this patch.
- Witch’s Brew Blitzcrank
- Bewitching Miss Fortune
- Bewitching Miss Fortune Prestige Edition
- Count Kassadin
The following chromas will be released this patch:
- Witch’s Brew Blitzcrank
- Count Kassadin