This week’s patch is one of the smaller ones, but that doesn’t mean that it’s lacking content! We’re seeing the big Irelia rework launch, as well as balance changes to champions, minion gold, and more.
Gragas, Elise, and Lux are all seeing buffs, whereas Swain, Olaf, and Sejuani are all getting hit with the nerf bat. The changes aren’t gigantic as they’re mostly ratio and cooldown changes, so don’t worry. If you’re the World’s Best Swain, these changes probably won’t make you drop from Challenger.
There are also the addition of the Masterwork Chests for Hextech Crafting. These chests will only include cosmetics (no champion shards) and will be available to buy from the shop starting this patch.
This patch also brings Lancer Status Wukong and Badlands Baron Rumble to the Rift! Both skins are available for 1350 RP. (We know that the Wukong skin is kind of like that Hecarim Hextech exclusive skin, but it’s not an exclusive this time. Thanks, Riot!)
As usual, you can check out Riot’s full patch notes here and our short and sweet version here.
Irelia, the Blade Dancer, will be released later in patch 8.7!
Q ability power ratio increased. W ability power ratio increased. W damage reduction scales with ability power. W damage reduction duration decreased.
Q - Barrel Roll
DAMAGE RATIO 0.6 ability power ⇒ 0.7 ability power
W - Drunken Rage
RATIO 0.3 ability power ⇒ 0.5 ability power
[NEW] FEEL NO PAIN Drunken Rage grants Gragas additional damage reduction equal to 4% per 100 ability power
Spider Q base damage increased. Human E cooldown decreased at early ranks.
Q - Venomous Bite
BASE DAMAGE 60/100/140/180/220 ⇒ 70/110/150/190/230
E - Cocoon
COOLDOWN 14/13/12/11/10 seconds ⇒ 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds
W healing increased.
W - Spirit of Dread
HEAL 20% of damage taken by enemies ⇒ 30% of damage taken by enemies
W cast range increased. Daisy acquires targets more aggressively. Daisy’s area of effect damage reduction now also applies to damage from epic monsters.
Q - Rootcaller
BUGFIX Dashing over walls to jungle monsters now works more consistently
W - Brushmaker
CAST RANGE 800 ⇒ 1000
R - Daisy!
DAISY! NOT DAISY Daisy more aggressively acquires enemies to attack
FLOWER POWER Daisy’s AoE damage reduction now also protects her from epic monsters
Q base damage increased.
Q - Lay Waste
BASE DAMAGE 40/60/80/100/120 ⇒ 50/70/90/110/130
Passive gains more points early, fewer points later.
Passive - The Darkin Scythe
HEAD START Increased the amount of points gained from interacting with enemy champions pre-10 minutes
IN THE PAST NOW Decreased the amount of points gained from interacting with enemy champions post-15 minutes
Q - Reaping Slash
ONE TWO SLASH Other abilities can now be queued up while casting Q
Leona’s attack reset makes attack damage pretty valuable for her, so we’re shifting that to being her default adaptive stat.
ONE SUN TWO STUN Leona defaults to attack damage as her default adaptive stat
R cooldown refund on kill increased at early ranks; also triggers on enemy champions who die shortly after being hit by Final Spark.
R - Final Spark
COOLDOWN REFUND ON KILL 10/30/50% ⇒ 30/40/50%
THE SPARK THAT LIGHTS THE FIRE Cooldown refund is granted if one or more enemy champions die to Final Spark ⇒ die within 1.75 seconds of being hit by Final Spark
Attack damage growth increased. E ratio increased. R cooldown decreased.
ATTACK DAMAGE GROWTH 3.375 ⇒ 4
E - Ground Slam
RATIO 0.20 ability power ⇒ 0.60 ability power
R - Unstoppable Force
COOLDOWN 130/115/100 ⇒ 130/105/80
Bonus attack damage while on Q trail increased.
Q - Duskbringer
BONUS ATTACK DAMAGE ON TRAIL 15/25/35/45/55 ⇒ 20/30/40/50/60
R initial movement speed buff decreased.
R - Ragnarok
HASTE TOWARDS ENEMY CHAMPIONS 50/60/70% ⇒ 20/45/70%
Fixed several bugs related to R.
R - Behind Enemy Lines/Skystrike
BUGFIX Fixed a bug where Quinn’s R - Skystrike would fail to activate when cast after respawning
BUGFIX Fixed a bug where Quinn’s R - Behind Enemy Lines could not be cast until she respawned or returned to the summoning platform if she got interrupted during her E - Vault dash
BUGFIX Fixed a bug where Quinn’s Q - Blinding Assault would visually pass through targets if cast during R - Behind Enemy Lines
Base attack damage increased. Rengar’s Q no longer causes him to sometimes cancel his actions.
BASE ATTACK DAMAGE 65 ⇒ 68
DISTRACTED CAT Fixed a number of cases where Rengar would stop attacking and stand still after using Q on an enemy champion
Q damage increased at early ranks; damage to minions adjusted to be roughly unchanged.
Q - Flamespitter
BASE DAMAGE 135/180/225/270/315 ⇒ 175/210/245/280/315
DAMAGE TO MINIONS 75% ⇒ 60/65/70/75/80%
Health growth decreased. E stun duration decreased at later ranks.
HEALTH GROWTH 95 ⇒ 88
E - Permafrost
STUN DURATION 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds ⇒ 1/1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4 seconds
Q bonus damage ratio reduced; window to proc bonus damage and cooldown reduction effect reduced.
Q - Deceive
BE SNEAKIER Shaco’s next basic attack within 2.5 seconds ⇒ 0.25 seconds of exiting invisibility deals bonus damage and reduces Deceive’s cooldown (cooldown reduction on proc still 2.5 seconds)
EMPOWERED ATTACK RATIO 0.7 bonus attack damage ⇒ 0.4 bonus attack damage
Q cooldown increased at early ranks. Q base damage decreased.
Passive - Ravenous Flock
THE FLOCK GATHERS Ravenous Flock’s icon can now be pinged to show allies the remaining cooldown on the pull
Q - Death’s Hand
COOLDOWN 5.5/4.75/4/3.25/2.5 seconds ⇒ 7.5/6.25/5/3.75/2.5 seconds
BASE DAMAGE 65/85/105/125/145 ⇒ 55/75/95/115/135
Warwick’s Q no longer sometimes deals damage twice.
Q - Jaws of the Beast
BUGFIX Fixed a bug where sometimes Warwick’s Q would deal damage twice
Q damage falloff to units beyond first decreased.
Q - Razor Shuriken
DAMAGE TO UNITS BEYOND FIRST 50% ⇒ 60%
COST 3000 gold ⇒ 3300 gold
Locket of the Iron Solari
Shield base and per-level scaling decreased; bonus health ratio increased early, decreased late. Shield cooldown increased; shield stacking penalties are harsher.
BASE SHIELD 38 ⇒ 30
SHIELD PER TARGET’S LEVEL 22 ⇒ 15
BONUS HEALTH RATIO 2-36% (at levels 1-18) ⇒ 20%
COOLDOWN 90 seconds ⇒ 120 seconds
MULTIPLE SHIELD REDUCTION AMOUNT 50% ⇒ 75%
MULTIPLE SHIELD REDUCTION DURATION 8 seconds ⇒ 20 seconds
Armor decreased. Basic attack damage reduction increased.
ARMOR 30 ⇒ 20
BASIC ATTACK DAMAGE REDUCTION 10% ⇒ 12%
Large champions no longer become bigger than their item auras.
SORRY, CHO The following item auras now increase in size if their users increase in size:
- Bami’s Cinder, Sunfire Cape, Forgefire Cape, and Enchantment: Cinderhulk
- Abyssal Mask and Infernal Mask
- Righteous Glory’s proximity check
Relic Shield Line
Passive gold generation down.
GOLD PER 10 2 ⇒ 1
GOLD PER 10 4 ⇒ 1
Remnant of the Aspect
GOLD PER 10 4 ⇒ 1
Path bonus grants lower health early; more late.
RESOLVE PRIMARY 65 health ⇒ 15-135 (at levels 1-18)
RESOLVE + INSPIRATION 130 health ⇒ 30-270 health (at levels 1-18)
INSPIRATION + RESOLVE 140 health ⇒ 35-300 health (at levels 1-18)
[UPDATED] Manaflow Band
Hitting enemy champions with spells grants maximum mana, up to 10 times. Once max stacks have been reached, Manaflow Band restores missing mana every 5 seconds.
PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT Hitting enemy champions with a spell grants 25 maximum mana, up to 250 mana
COOLDOWN 15 seconds
MASTER Upon earning 250 mana, Manaflow Band restores 1% of your missing mana every 5 seconds
[UPDATED] Presence of Mind
Enemy takedowns restore 20% of your maximum mana and refund 10% of your ultimate’s cooldown.
THE ULTIMATE MANA REFUND Enemy champion takedowns restore 20% of your maximum mana and refund 10% of your ultimate’s cooldown
Underpicked and underperforming.
TENACITY 5% + 1.5% per stack ⇒ 5% + 2.5% per stack
MAX TENACITY 20% at 10 stacks ⇒ 30% at 10 stacks
We’re looking to up the damage this brings against full-durability champions.
DAMAGE MULTIPLIER 4-10% (at 150-2000 max health difference) ⇒ 4-12% (at 150-2000 max health difference)
Zombie Ward’s double vision whammy, providing vision when you’ve just taken it away, is too good when its users get ahead.
ZOMBIE WARD DURATION 60-180 seconds (at levels 1-18) ⇒ 30 seconds at levels 1-4; 36-120 seconds at levels 5-18
Currently being outperformed by other competing runes.
MOVEMENT SPEED 10% ⇒ 15%
BUGFIX Now lists how much it gives in the description at level 1.
Melee minions and cannons worth more gold. Caster minions worth less gold.
BASE GOLD 20 ⇒ 21
GOLD GROWTH EVERY 3 WAVES 0.125 ⇒ 0
BASE GOLD 17 ⇒ 14
GOLD GROWTH EVERY 3 WAVES 0.125 ⇒ 0
BASE GOLD 45 ⇒ 60
GOLD GROWTH EVERY 3 WAVES 0.35 ⇒ 3
BASE HEALTH 828 ⇒ 900
HEALTH GROWTH EVERY 3 WAVES 23, increased to 32 for waves 16 onward ⇒ 50, increased to 60 for waves 16 onward
Keeping super minion gold equal to siege minions.
BASE GOLD 45 ⇒ 60
GOLD GROWTH PER 90 SECONDS 0.35 ⇒ 3
Crest of Cinders
The amount of damage red buff adds to a jungler’s ability to push a tower after a successful gank is pretty high, and that can make the difference between a tower killed and a tower at half health. There’s not much gameplay around this distinction; it was just sometimes escalating how quickly towers fell, so we’re removing it.
STONE CAN’T BURN Crest of Cinders’ burn effect no longer damages turrets
With voice chat out in the wild, we’re doing some quality of life buffs based on your feedback. And no, not your mic feedback.
The fixes are: Better audio notifications when players join your party or unmute themselves, decoupled voice controls from the scoreboard, and an auto-mute when you are afk.
BEEP BOOP Audio notifications for when a player joins your party and voice chat now work more consistently across the client
BOOP BEEP Audio notifications now play when a party member reconnects to voice
CONSCIOUS UNCOUPLING In settings, you can now separate the in-game voice control panel from the scoreboard
MUTE AFTER 10 If you’re away from the client, (that’s 10 minutes without touching anything), your mic will auto-mute. Your mic sparks back up once you’re back.
- Fixed a bug where Circlet of the Iron Solari (Ornn’s Locket of the Iron Solari upgrade) would not grant shields to units affected by a recent cast of Locket or Circlet of the Iron Solari
- Birdio no longer has redundant white trail VFX after using E- Justice Punch
- Birdio’s Q - Winds of War fade out VFX are no longer misplaced when ability is cast from lower to higher elevation change
- Cassiopeia now correctly plays the on-hit VFX for her basic attacks
- Blood Lord Vladimir’s idle blood orb VFX have been restored
- Night Hunter Rengar’s player screen once again has a blue overlay when R - Thrill of the Hunt is active
- SKT Nami’s recall signature has been restored
- Star Guardian Ahri’s base joke no longer plays if there’s an enemy Ahri on the opposite team
- DJ Sona’s Concussive form VO lines are no longer cut off when played
- Uncle Ryze’s eagle screech can once again be heard when he uses R - Realm Warp
- Classic, Spellthief, Sorceress, Commando, and Imperial Lux skins once again have their shiny staff VFX!
- Dreadnova Darius’ recall VFX have been restored
- Gun Goddess Miss Fortune’s leg no longer stretches during several animations
- Gun Goddess Miss Fortune’s arms are no longer weighted improperly during her dance animation
- Pizza Delivery Sivir no longer uses classic VFX and SFX when using her auto attacks
- Pizza Delivery Sivir’s auto attack projectile is no longer misaligned
- Sweetheart Rakan and base Rakan’s R - Grand Entrance has been optimized, which will eliminated reported frame drops
- The chain anchors in Hextech Alistar’s recall animation no longer change positions if Passive - Triumphant Roar is triggered while recalling
- Lunar Empress Lux once again has her light VFX on death
- When in a mirror match, the opposing Singed no longer steals Beekeeper Singed’s E - Fling VFX
- Battlecast Prime Cho’Gath’s maw is no longer rigged improperly when using his emotes
- Bard no longer T-poses when laughing
- Snow Day Bard and Elderwood Bard no longer use base VFX when placing W - Caretaker’s Shrine
- Bard and Bard Bard are no longer missing approach lines when clicking on E - Magical Journey to enter the portal
- Sir Kled’s weapon textures are no longer misaligned on his blade
- The back side of Wildfire Zyra’s Thorn Spitters’ leaves are now fully textured
- Seam lines have been minimized on Cottontail Teemo, Urf Kench, Worldbreaker Nasus, Oktoberfest Gragas, Perseus Pantheon, and Viscero Xin Zhao
- Weighting has been adjusted on Meowkai’s chin to avoid a weird texture break
- Lord Darius’ loincloth texture is now more consistent across various graphics settings
- Radiant Wukong no longer keeps a stone overlay once reviving
- Radiant Wukong’s homeguard animation has been restored
- Snow Day Graves’ W - Smoke Screen on-ground indicator now properly renders over elevation change
- Riot Graves’ visor is now fully opaque
Upcoming Skins & Emotes
The following skins will be released in patch 8.7:
- Badlands Baron Rumble
- Lancer Stratus Wukong
The following emotes will be released in patch 8.7:
- Everything is Okay
- Little Camper
- Deal with Grit
New “cosmetics only” chests (225 RP each, 1125 RP for a bundle of 5 (plus bonus essence), or 2250 RP for a bundle of 10 (plus bonus essence) will be made available in the store.