Update: A previous version of this article stated that Arctic Ops Gragas was not releasing on Patch 8.2, due to a miscommunication with Riot Games. The skin is releasing this patch and the post has been updated to reflect this.
This is League’s second patch of the year and as Riot stated before, this patch will include bigger changes than our last. We got champion changes, rune changes and even minion aggro changes in here, so make sure to read up.
Ezreal and Vayne have both been nerfed (finally), so they probably won’t be terrorizing your bot lane as much anymore. On top of Ezreal’s nerf, Kleptomancy has also gotten hit with the nerf bat.
More spells also draw in minion aggro, so you’re going to definitely want to scroll down and see if your favorite spell was included. (It definitely was.)
The big support item changes we’ve been waiting for have also dropped with this patch, meaning there is no more Sightstone or old support active items. Now when completing your support item quest, your item will gain Sightstone’s active!
Starting sometime in this patch, you’ll also be able to see your ally’s skin of choice in champion select, so you can match with them without a word.
And now for some bad news: there is only one skin release this patch. We’ll have to wait another couple of weeks for the Sweetheart and Lunar Revel skins in Patch 8.3, but Arctic Ops Gragas is coming this patch! Miss Fortune’s splash art update is also coming in on this patch.
Bonus Attack Speed at Level 1 added.
BONUS ATTACK SPEED AT LEVEL 1 :: 0% >>> 10%
E damage decreased.
E - Whiplash
UNEMPOWERED DAMAGE :: 4% target’s maximum health (+2.5% per 100 ability power) >>> 3% target’s maximum health (+1.5% per 100 ability power)
EMPOWERED :: 6% target’s maximum health (+3.5% per 100 ability power) >>> 4% target’s maximum health (+2.5% per 100 ability power)
Q damage decreased at early ranks.
Q - Mystic Shot
BASE DAMAGE :: 35/55/75/95/115 >>> 15/40/65/90/115
Base attack damage decreased at early levels. Passive no longer stacks, but uncaps attack speed while Jinx is Excited. Minigun’s attack speed no longer scales with level but scales harder with rank.
BASE ATTACK DAMAGE :: 66 >>> 61
ATTACK DAMAGE GROWTH STAT :: 2.41 >>> 2.7
Passive - Get Excited!
[UPD] TOO EXCITED :: Get Excited’s attack speed no longer stacks
[NEW] OVER 9000 :: Jinx’s attack speed can exceed the cap while she is Excited
Q - Switcheroo!
[UPD] MINIGUN ATTACK SPEED :: 30/40/50/60/70% >>> 30/55/80/105/130%
[REM] JINXED :: Minigun no longer gains attack speed based on Jinx’s level
Passive scaling decreased. Q scaling increased.
Passive - Unseen Threat
RATIO :: 0.4 bonus attack damage >>> 0.2 bonus attack damage
Q - Taste Their Fear
RATIO :: 1.1 bonus attack damage >>> 1.2 bonus attack damage
Q scaling decreased. R cooldown increased.
Q - Call of the Void
RATIO :: 0.8 ability power >>> 0.65 ability power
R - Nether Grasp
COOLDOWN :: 120/100/80 seconds >>> 140/110/80 seconds
Nunu now additionally does bonus magic damage on basic attacks. W now also increases ability power on both targets.
Q - Consume
[NEW] THESE HANDS :: Well Fed now additionally grants 3/5/7/9/11 (+5 per 100 ability power) magic damage on basic attacks
W - Blood Boil
[NEW] MAGIC FINGERS :: Now additionally increases ability power by 40% (max increase: 40/60/80/100/120) on both targets.
Ornn is no longer unstoppable during W. R cooldown increased.
W - Bellows Breath
[REM] UNSTOPPABLE :: Ornn is no longer Unstoppable during this ability
R - Call of the Forge God
COOLDOWN :: 130/100/70 seconds >>> 140/120/100 seconds
W - Aegis of Zeonia
MINION AGGRO OP :: No longer blocks or is consumed by siege minion attacks
Q mana cost decreased.
Q - Hymn of Valor
COST :: 60/65/70/75/80 mana >>> 50/55/60/65/70 mana
Attack speed per level decreased. R bonus attack damage decreased.
ATTACK SPEED GROWTH :: 4% >>> 3.3%
R - Final Hour
BONUS AD :: 30/50/70 >>> 20/30/40
Miss Fortune Skin Splash Updates
Miss Fortune’s oldest skins have received new splash art!
Enchantment: Runic Echoes
Proc mana restore increased.
MISSING MANA RESTORE :: 15% >>> 25%
Supports spend a ton of gold—and slot space—on two items that exist largely for their role. We’re merging those items together to give supports more autonomy in their itemization.
- Ruby Sightstone
- Frost Queen’s Claim
- Talisman of Ascension
- Face of the Mountain
Updated Items and Quests
[UPD] WARD ITEM :: Completing a support item quest now grants Sightstone active, rather than the old quest rewards
[NEW] GO TO BASE :: Quest completion will only grant one ward charge until returning to the fountain
[UPD] LESS QUEST :: Quests now complete at 500 gold earned, not 750
[NEW] THE NEW MODEL :: Upon quest completion, item will upgrade into Eye of Frost, which can hold up to three ward charges
[NEW] THE NEW MODEL :: Upon quest completion, item will upgrade into Nomad’s Eye, which can hold up to three ward charges
[NEW] THE NEW MODEL :: Upon quest completion, item will upgrade into Celestial Eye, which can hold up to three ward charges
Remnant of the Watchers
OLD NAME :: Eye of the Watchers
BUILD PATH :: Sightstone + Frostfang + 550 gold >>> Frostfang (or Eye of Frost) + Ruby Crystal + 550 gold
ALL STATS :: Unchanged from old Eye of the Watchers
[NEW] THE NEW MODEL :: Upon quest completion, item will upgrade into Eye of the Watchers and gain the Sightstone active
Remnant of the Ascended
OLD NAME :: Eye of the Oasis
BUILD PATH :: Sightstone + Nomad’s Medallion + 550 gold >>> Nomad’s Medallion (or Nomad’s Eye) + Ruby Crystal + 550 gold
ALL STATS :: Unchanged from old Eye of the Oasis
[NEW] THE NEW MODEL :: Upon quest completion, item will upgrade into Eye of Ascension and gain the Sightstone active
Remnant of the Aspect
OLD NAME :: Eye of the Equinox
BUILD PATH :: Sightstone + Targon’s Brace + 550 gold >>> Targon’s Brace (or Celestial Eye) + Ruby Crystal + 550 gold
ALL STATS :: Unchanged from old Eye of the Equinox
[NEW] THE NEW MODEL :: Upon quest completion, item will upgrade into Eye of the Aspect
Spellthief’s Edge lockout on minion/monster kill increased. Relic shield healing decreased when proc’d by ranged champion.
Spellthief’s Edge Line
[UPD] NOT A JUNGLE ITEM :: Spellthief’s Edge line’s recharge penalty now also applies on non-epic monster kill
LOCKOUT ON MINION/MONSTER KILL :: 8 seconds >>> 12 seconds
Relic Shield Line
[UPD] Update :: Proc healing is reduced by 50% if the item’s owner is ranged
The old support items (without wards) will remain on Twisted Treeline.
Rune Features & Bugfixes
[NEW] AND STAY OUT :: Using the “hide preset” option on the Inventory page will now also hide your preset pages in champ select
[NEW] REORDER :: You can now drag and drop your rune pages to rearrange them in both the Inventory and Dropdown
[NEW] PAY ATTENTION :: Champions who take the Aftershock keystone but lack the hard crowd control to activate it will have their keystone swapped to Grasp of the Undying
Base damage decreased. Damage health scaling decreased but now scales with bonus attack damage and ability power. Flat resistances increased but no longer amplifies resistances by a percentage.
DAMAGE :: 40-140 (at level 1-18) >>> 10-120 (at level 1-18)
HEALTH SCALING DAMAGE :: 3.5% maximum health >>> 3% maximum health
[NEW] DAMAGE AD RATIO :: 0.15 bonus attack damage
[NEW] ABILITY POWER RATIO :: 0.1 ability power
FLAT RESISTANCES :: 20 >>> 70-120 (at level 1-18)
[REM] PERCENT RESISTANCES AMP :: No longer increases resistances by 30%
Grasp of the Undying
Ranged penalties in healing, damage, and health gain decreased.
RANGED HEALING AND DAMAGE REDUCTION :: 50% >>> 40%
RANGED PERMANENT HEALTH PER PROC :: 2 >>> 3
Cooldown increased at early levels, decreased at late levels. Shield base value and ratios increased.
COOLDOWN :: 45 >>> 70-40 (at level 1-18)
BASE SHIELD :: 60-150 (at level 1-18) >>> 70-150 (at level 1-18)
SHIELD AP RATIO :: 0.20 ability power >>> 0.25 ability power
SHIELD HEALTH RATIO :: 10% bonus health >>> 12% bonus health
Slow amount increased.
MELEE SLOW :: 40-50% (at level 1-18) >>> 45-55% (at level 1-18)
RANGED SLOW :: 20-40 (at level 1-18) >>> 30-40% (at level 1-18)
ACTIVE ITEM SLOW :: 50% >>> 60%
Gold value of pilfered items decreased.
[UPD] LESS LOOT :: Drop rate significantly decreased in the first 15 minutes of the game
[UPD] LESS LESS LOOT :: After 15 minutes, drop rate slightly decreased for melee, significantly decreased for ranged
[UPD] BUYER’S MARKET :: Sell values about 20% lower
A few precision runes are pulling a bit too much power for non-keystone slots.
GOLD ON KILL :: 25 gold >>> 20 gold
Coup de Grace
DAMAGE AMP :: 9% >>> 7%
MAX DAMAGE AMP :: 12% >>> 11%
Duration down at early levels.
DURATION :: 180 seconds >>> 60-180 seconds (at level 1-18)
[NEW] ZOMBIE BY PROXY :: When a Zombie Ward user reveals a ward via Sweeper, Control Ward, or Scryer’s Bloom, they no longer have to actually hit the ward to spawn a Zombie Ward (if the ward then dies).
Vision radius up.
VISION RADIUS :: 350 >>> 450
Armor and magic resist increased early.
BASE ARMOR AND MAGIC RESIST :: 40 >>> 55
SCALING ARMOR AND MAGIC RESIST :: +30 over 15 minutes >>> +15 over 15 minutes
Targeted damaging spells draw minion aggro.
- Akali :: Q - Mark of the Assassin & R - Shadow Dance
- Alistar :: W - Headbutt
- Anivia :: E - Frostbite
- Annie :: Q - Disintegrate
- Brand :: E - Conflagration & R - Pyroclasm
- Caitlyn :: R - Ace in the Hole
- Cassiopeia :: E - Twin Fang
- Cho’Gath :: R - Feast
- Darius :: R - Noxian Guillotine
- Diana :: R - Lunar Rush
- Elise (Human & Spider Form) :: Q - Neurotoxin/Venomous Bite
- Evelynn :: E - Whiplash
- Fiddlesticks :: W - Drain & E - Dark Wind
- Garen :: R - Demacian Justice
- Irelia :: E - Equilibrium Strike
- Janna :: W - Zephyr
- Jarvan IV :: R - Cataclysm
- Jax :: Q - Leap Strike
- Jayce (Hammer Form) :: Q - To The Skies & E - Thundering Blow
- Jhin :: Q - Dancing Grenade
- Karma :: W - Focused Resolve
- Kassadin :: Q - Null Sphere
- Katarina :: Q - Bouncing Blade & E - Shunpo
- Kayle :: Q - Reckoning
- Kha’Zix :: Q - Taste Their Fear
- LeBlanc :: Q - Shatter Orb
- Lee Sin :: R - Dragon’s Rage
- Lissandra :: R - Frozen Tomb
- Lulu Enemy :: E - Help, Pix!
- Malphite :: Q - Seismic Shard
- Malzahar :: E - Malefic Vision s& R - Nether Grasp
- Maokai :: W - Twisted Advance
- Mordekaiser :: R - Children of the Grave
- Nami :: W - Ebb and Flow
- Nocturne :: E - Unspeakable Horror & R - Paranoia(second cast)
- Nunu :: E - Ice Blast
- Olaf :: E - Reckless Swing
- Pantheon :: Q - Spear Shot & W - Aegis of Zeonia
- Poppy :: E - Heroic Charge
- Quinn :: E - Vault
- Rek’Sai :: E - Tunnel
- Ryze :: W - Rune Prison & E - Spell Flux
- Sejuani :: E - Permafrost
- Shaco :: E - Two-Shiv Poison
- Singed :: E - Fling
- Skarner :: R - Impale
- Swain :: E - Torment
- Syndra :: R - Unleashed Power
- Talon :: Q - Noxian Diplomacy
- Teemo :: Q - Blinding Dart
- Tristana :: R - Buster Shot
- Trundle :: R - Subjugate
- Vayne :: E - Condemn
- Veigar :: R - Primordial Burst
- Vi :: R - Assault And Battery
- Viktor :: Q - Siphon Power
- Vladimir :: Q - Transfusion
- Volibear :: W - Frenzy
- Wukong :: E - Nimbus Strike
- Xin Zhao :: E - Audacious Charge
- Yasuo :: E - Sweeping Blade & R - Last Breath
- Item Actives:: Bilgewater Cutlass, Blade of the Ruined King, and Hextech Gunblade
- Blade of the Ruined King Active
- Summoner Spells :: Smite, Ignite
Moment of death is now punctuated by a brief, team colored animation. This displays on players, epic objectives, and structures. Player healthbar animations can be toggled off in the options menu.
Ticks are more evenly spaced and readable for champions with super high health.
Technically this feature came out in 7.3, but it has been bugged since. Now it’s now back and functioning.
NAME-BRAND :: Hovering over a player in the scoreboard now shows the name of the skin.
MY ULTIMATE IS CHARGING :: You can now chat ping ultimate abilities for all players from the scoreboard— - though you’ll only be able to see timers for allies.
PARTY TIME :: You can now invite any player to your party. Instead of restricting players from being invited from the lobby screen, there will now be a notification next to the Queue button indicating if every player can queue for that mode. Read more about this change on our Parties /dev blog.
This will be activated at some point during Patch 8.2.
ALLY SKIN PREVIEWS :: You can now see your allies’ skin selections in the finalization phase of Champ Select. Build a full Star Guardian team for maximum skin-timidation!
Minions now have items in their inventories which explain previously hidden mechanics. No mechanics have been changed.
Bugfixes and updates to League Displays
- Computer usernames not containing alphanumeric characters no longer cause League Displays to bugsplat on startup.
- Fixed a bug that caused wallpapers on Windows 7 to rotate too rapidly.
- Fixed an issue which caused images to load as a solid color instead of art.
- Fixed an issue where power settings weren’t functioning properly.
- Removed the “default screensavers” collection from League Displays. Now if players do not select a screensaver or wallpaper, nothing will change.
- Added a large amount of art, including updated splashes for champions like Evelynn and Twitch. We will continue to update the art.
- Janna’s R - Monsoon no longer incorrectly knocks back champions who are protected by spell shields
- Galio’s W - Shield of Durand shield now correctly returns out of combat after falling off
- Ashe’s E - Hawkshot no longer procs spell shields when flying through champions out of Ashe’s self-vision
- Jayce’s E - Thundering Blow no longer disables Flash and Hextech Flash when used on a champion with Hextech Flashtraption shortly after they have flashed
- Fixed a bug where if Aftershock had already been triggered, the owning champion’s death would cause the damage effect to apply early
- Fixed a bug where if a champion with Aftershock immobilized a champion after their death, their corpse would trigger Aftershock as normal
- Hard crowd control effects no longer incorrectly interrupt Anivia’s R - Glacial Storm channel or Aurelion Sol’s W - Celestial Expansion when the spell applying the crowd control had been blocked by a spell shield
- Omega Squad Twitch’s Q - Ambush Camouflage VO lines have been restored
- Santa Braum is no longer missing his purchase and champion-specific taunt VO
- Star Guardian Lux’s staff is no longer missing its glow
- Ambitious Elf Jinx’s Q - Pow-Pow now uses skin-specific SFX, as opposed to base
- Star Guardian Miss Fortune’s beam VFX have been restored during her B - recall animation
- Pentakill Olaf’s Q - Undertow once again makes a cymbal crash sound!
- Headhunter Rengar’s chromas R - Thrill of the Hunt True Sight SFX no longer persist on an enemy target
- Battle Boss Malzahar’s W - Void Swarm and E - Malefic Visions SFX have been toned down and are now less noisy
The following skins will be released in patch 8.2:
- Arctic Ops Gragas