We’re finally done with Worlds patches for now, so now we’re back to balancing things for us normies (and Challenger solo queue players).
Janna and Ardent Censer, a champion and item that have been bullying the Rift for way too long, have also finally gotten nerfs. Whether or not the small spanking Ardent Censer got will be enough is something we’re going to have to see ourselves.
Vayne is also seeing some massive improvements to her kit, including an addition to her ultimate time when somebody she has damaged in the last three seconds dies. So, yes, Vayne is getting a reset mechanic. Oh, no.
And if you came here to look for Evelynn: no, she is going to be in Patch 7.20. Not this one.
BASE HEALTH :: 524.4 >>> 540
BASE MOVEMENT SPEED :: 325 >>> 335
Q - Conquering Sands
Range down on soldier repositioning. Balance tweaks.
CAST RANGE :: 875 >>> 720
SPEAR LENGTH :: 300 >>> 370
COOLDOWN :: 10/9/8/7/6 seconds >>> 11/9.5/8/6.5/5 seconds
BASE DAMAGE :: 65/85/105/125/145 >>> 70/100/130/160/190
RATIO :: 0.5 ability power >>> 0.3 ability power
BUDDY SYSTEM :: Soldiers clump closer together upon arrival
W - Arise!
Attack range decreased (summoning range increased slightly). Soldier attack damage increased
SOLDIER COMMAND RANGE :: 800 >>> 660
CAST RANGE :: 450 >>> 500
WARD KILLERS :: Azir’s Soldiers can no longer attack wards or trinkets.
BASE DAMAGE :: 50/52/54/56/58/60/63/66/70/84/98/112/126/139/153/167/181/195 >>> 60/62/64/66/68/75/80/85/95/105/115/125/135/145/155/165/175/185
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS :: Azir gains an additional 20/30/40/50/60% attack speed for 5 seconds whenever he summons a soldier while he already has two on the field.
AMMO RECHARGE :: 10/9/8/7/6 seconds >>> 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 seconds
STABBING IS HARD WORK :: Stabs deal 40/70/100% damage to secondary targets (at levels 1/6/11)
E - Shifting Sands
SHIELD AP RATIO :: 0.7 ability power
SHIELD DURATION :: 4 seconds >>> 1.5 seconds
SHIELD UPFRONT :: Azir now gains his shield upon casting E, not after hitting an enemy champion.
TO BATTLE :: If Azir hits an enemy champion, he immediately gains a W charge.
R - Emperor’s Divide
SHURIMA’S BUMPER CARS :: Wall soldiers now only interrupt enemy dashes over them while the soldiers themselves are moving. After reaching their final destination, Wall soldiers now behave as normal terrain.
WALL SIZE :: 4/5/6 soldiers >>> 5/6/7 soldiers
COOLDOWN :: 140/120/100 seconds >>> 120/105/90 seconds
BASE ATTACK SPEED :: .676 >>> .645
ATTACK SPEED SCALING FACTOR :: 2.6% >>> 3.5%
Passive - Determination
STRONG AS A RAGING FIRE :: Every third attack deals 20/40/60/80% (at levels 1/6/11/16) of total AD as bonus damage
NOT THE SHARP END :: Every third attack heals Xin Zhao
Q - Three Talon Strike
DAMAGE :: 15/30/45/60/75 >>> 15/20/25/30/35
RATIO :: 0.2 total attack damage >>> 0.4 bonus attack damage
W - Wind Becomes Lightning
Xin Zhao performs a quick slash in a cone front of him, then thrusts his spear forward in a line. All enemies hit by the thrust are slowed by 50% for 1.5 seconds.
SLASH DAMAGE :: 30/40/50/60/70 (+0.3 total attack damage)
THRUST DAMAGE :: 30/65/100/135/170 (+0.85 total attack damage)
FORCE OF A GREAT TYPHOON :: Wind Becomes Lightning’s cast time is reduced by bonus attack speed
E - Audacious Charge
COST :: 60 mana >>> 50 mana
DAMAGE :: 70/110/150/190/230 >>> 50/75/100/125/150
SLOW DURATION :: 2 seconds >>> 0.5 seconds
SWIFT AS A COURSING RIVER :: Casting Audacious Charge grants Xin Zhao 40/45/50/55/60% attack speed for 5 seconds
R - Crescent Guard
TOO TANKY :: No longer grants bonus resistances
MYSTERIOUS AS THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON :: For 3 seconds after casting Crescent Guard, Xin Zhao will negate all damage originating from champions further than 450 units away. Duration is extended by attacking champions.
Now unstoppable during Q’s descent. R bonus attack range increased.
Q - Dark Flight
DON’T STOP ME NOW :: Aatrox is now unstoppable during Dark Flight’s descent
R - Massacre
ADDITIONAL ATTACK RANGE :: 175 >>> 225
Previous attack speed changes reverted. Reduced trap uptime and vision, but procs deal more damage later. Less health early. Headshot can proc on turrets.
BASE HEALTH :: 524.4 >>> 475
HEALTH GROWTH STAT :: 80 >>> 85
BASE ATTACK SPEED :: 0.543 >>> 0.568
INNATE BONUS ATTACK SPEED :: 15% >>> 10%
ATTACK SPEED AT LV1 :: 0.625 (unchanged)
ATTACK SPEED GROWTH :: 2% >>> 4%
Passive - Headshot
TURRETS HAVE FACES :: Headshot can now proc on turrets
Q - Piltover Peacemaker
PASSTHROUGH DAMAGE :: 50% to enemies beyond the first >>> 67% to enemies beyond the first
W - Yordle Snap Trap
TRAP DURATION :: 90 seconds >>> 30/35/40/45/50 seconds
BONUS HEADSHOT DAMAGE :: 10/55/100/145/190 (+0.6 total attack damage) >>> 40/90/140/190/240 (+0.4/0.55/0.7/0.85/1.0 bonus attack damage)
TARGET REVEAL DURATION :: 8 seconds >>> 3 seconds
CHARGE RATE :: 45/32.5/20/12.5/10 seconds >>> 30/24/19/15/12 seconds
E cooldown increased at early ranks. Janna’s basic attacks are stronger. Q base range increased; moves faster when charged.
ATTACK RANGE :: 475 >>> 550
BASE ATTACK DAMAGE :: 52 >>> 46
ATTACK DAMAGE GROWTH STAT :: 3 >>> 1.5
ATTACK SPEED GROWTH STAT :: 2.61% >>> 2.95%
BASIC ATTACK MISSILE SPEED :: 1200 >>> 1600
BASE HEALTH :: 487 >>> 525
HEALTH GROWTH STAT :: 78 >>> 70
Passive - Tailwind
ZOOM :: Janna now benefits from Tailwind’s 8% movement speed increase
PECK :: Janna’s basic attacks and single-target spells deal bonus magic damage equal to 35% of her bonus movement speed
ZOOMING PECK :: Tailwind’s 8% movement speed increase counts toward its bonus magic damage. So, at Janna’s base movement speed of 335, Tailwind grants 9.38 bonus magic damage by itself.
Q - Howling Gale
COST :: 90/105/120/135/150 mana >>> 60/80/100/120/140 mana
COOLDOWN :: 14/13/12/11/10 seconds >>> 12 seconds at all ranks
RANGE :: 850 - 1742.5, based on charge time >>> 1000 - 1750, based on charge time
PUNCTUALITY :: Howling Gale now always reaches its endpoint in 1.5 seconds, meaning a fully-charged cast moves 75% faster than an instant cast
W - Zephyr
COOLDOWN :: 12 seconds >>> 8 seconds
SLOW DURATION :: 3 seconds >>> 2 seconds
PASSIVE MOVEMENT SPEED :: 9/11/13/15/17% >>> 6/7/8/9/10%
RANGE :: 600, measured between hitbox centers >>> 550, measured between hitbox edges <em>(range increased vs large targets, decreased vs small ones)<em>
E - Eye of the Storm
COOLDOWN :: 10 seconds at all ranks >>> 18/16/14/12/10 seconds
W passive bonus armor is now tripled when Granite Shield is active. W value changed from absolutes to percent.
W - Brutal Strikes
BRUTAL GRANITE :: Brutal Strikes’s passive armor is now tripled while Granite Shield is active
PASSIVE ARMOR :: 15/20/25/30/35 flat armor >>> 10/15/20/25/30 percent armor
Q ball travelling speed increased. W and R will fire only when the ball stops moving.
Q - Command: Attack
MISSILE SPEED :: 1200 >>> 1400
W - Command: Dissonance
RESONANCE :: If buffered, will fire at the destination when the ball has stopped moving
R - Command: Shockwave
SEISMIC :: If buffered, will fire at the destination when the ball has stopped moving
Mana increased. Q and E mana costs decreased.
BASE MANA :: 300 >>> 340
Q - Volcanic Rupture
COST :: 55/60/65/70/75 mana >>> 55 mana at all ranks
E - Searing Charge
COST :: 60 mana >>> 50 mana
WINDOW SHOPPING :: Ornn’s recommended items have been adjusted
SMART BUY :: Ornn’s mini-shop UI now prioritizes health regen over attack damage when choosing which items to display
Q bonus damage increased, but no longer benefits from critical strike. R now extends duration when a target Vayne has damage in the last 3 seconds dies.
Q - Tumble
TRIP NOT CRIT :: Bonus damage is no longer increased when the attack critically strikes
DAMAGE :: 30/35/40/45/50% of total Attack Damage >>> 50/55/60/65/70% of total Attack Damage
W - Silver Bolts
PERCENT HEALTH DAMAGE :: 6/7.5/9/10.5/12% target’s maximum health >>> 4/6/8/10/12% target’s maximum health
MINIMUM DAMAGE :: 40/60/80/100/120 >>> 50/65/80/95/110
R - Final Hour
ONE MORE TURN :: If a champion dies within 3 seconds of being damaged by Vayne, Final Hour’s duration is extended by 4 seconds. This cannot extend the remaining duration past the initial maximum duration.
Base health, health regen, and health regen growth increased. W cooldown reduced.
ATTACK RANGE :: 525 >>> 550
BASE HEALTH REGEN :: 5.42 >>> 6.5
HEALTH REGEN GROWTH STAT :: 0.55 >>> 0.6
W - Dark Matter
COOLDOWN :: 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 seconds >>> 8 seconds at all ranks
MORE DROPS :: Every 50 stacks of Phenomenal Evil lowers Dark Matter’s cooldown by 10% (multiplicative)
Ardent Censer’s buff no longer restores health. The buff’s attack speed and damage scale with level again. Censer’s owner now also gets buffed when its user heals or shields an ally.
SAME :: Healing or shielding an allied champion now also grants you Ardent Censer’s buff, instead of only your ally
ON-HIT HEAL :: Ardent Censer’s buff no longer restores health
ATTACK SPEED :: 25% >>> 20-35% (at levels 1-18)
ON-HIT DAMAGE :: 25 >>> 20-35 (at levels 1-18)
Cost increased. Damage reflected decreased.
TOTAL COST :: 900 gold >>> 1000 gold
COMBINE COST :: 300 gold >>> 400 gold
DAMAGE REFLECTED :: 20 >>> 15
BUGFIX :: No longer applies Grievous Wounds to non-Champions
ARMOR :: 75 >>> 80
Edge of Night
Spellshield duration increased. Cooldown decreased.
SPELLSHIELD DURATION :: 5 seconds >>> 7 seconds
ACTIVE COOLDOWN :: 45 seconds >>> 40 seconds
Combine and total cost increased.
TOTAL COST :: 2500 gold >>> 2650 gold
COMBINE COST :: 950 gold >>> 1100 gold
Burn damage more frontloaded. Frostfire Covenant now procs when the passive slow is applied.
TOTAL COST :: 2400 >>> 2250
COMBINE COST :: 400 >>> 250
Ally burn damage
FRONTLOADED :: Up-front damage increased from 17.5% of the basic attack’s damage >>> 25% of the basic attack’s damage
TOTAL BURN DAMAGE :: Still 50% of basic attack
SLOW BURN :: Frost storm no longer ignites from basic attacking a burning enemy, now ignites when it slows a burning enemy.
SPAGHETTI STRAIGHTENED :: Spell shields now block only the first ability that hits, rather than every ability that hits at the same time the shield is broken
AFFECTED STUFF :: Sivir’s E - Spell Shield, Nocturne’s W - Shroud of Darkness, Banshee’s Veil, Edge of Night
Rotating Game Mode
Attack. Defend. Repeat. Nexus Siege blasts back into rotation from 9/29/17 at 12:00 p.m. PT - 10/3/17 at 4:00 a.m. PT and 10/6/17 at 12:00 p.m. PT - 10/10/17 at 4:00 a.m. PT.
We also updated the game mode with new features and some bug fixes.
● Xayah, Rakan, Kayn, and Ornn now playable in Nexus Siege
● Kayn tip: You can Shadow Step through walls into the back of the enemy spawn pad, but we don’t recommend it because laz0rz.
● Ornn tip: You can forge deployables from anywhere on the map.
● Warwick’s Bloodscent (W) VFX no longer persists through round swap.
● Team-specific events (e.g., destroying turrets, killing champions) now reflect the correct team in Replays.
● Nasus and Sion now give the proper amount of stacks for killing deployables.
You can now ping everything on the scoreboard, so knock yourself out.
As a reminder, account transfers will be temporarily disabled from October 10 to November 20 as we get ready for preseason.
- Fixed a bug where casting Face of the Mountain’s active on an ally out of range caused the player to walk in range, then cast it on the closest ally instead of the selected one.
- Twitch’s Q - Ambush visual effects no longer stay visible indefinitely if Tahm Kench uses W - Devour on Twitch as he enters stealth.
- Ahri’s E - Charm now correctly affects bots on Twisted Treeline
- Jarvan IV’s weapon no longer appears beside him when he uses his E - Demacian Standard Q - Dragon Strike combo
- Rumble can now correctly cast his E - Electro Harpoon if overheated.
- Aurelion Sol E - Comet of Legend no longer goes on cooldown if his Banshee’s Veil is broken during flight.
- Star Guardian Syndra's pink overlay has been restored during her recall animation.
- Omega Squad Twitch and Omega Squad Tristana once again have their helicopter shadows during their recall animations.
- Dragon Fist Lee Sin no longer loses Gargoyle Stoneplate's active overlay VFX when (R) - Dragon's Rage is in use.
- God Fist Lee Sin's death shadow no longer persists.
- Snow Day Ziggs passive VFX have been restored.
- Malzahar's Void Swarm W - Voidlings are no longer missing attack on-hit VFX.
- River Spirit Nami no longer has misplaced VFX on her staff.
- Placeholder VFX are no longer present on the New Horizon Ward.
- High Noon Jhin's model no longer stretches when shooting during R - Curtain Call.
- Shields on Blood Moon Jhin now follow the model during his recall animation.
- Riot Kayle's drone lights no longer disappear upon moving the camera away and back during her recall animation.
- During Riven's joke animation, her fingers no longer clip through her sword.
- Battlecast Cho'Gath's W - Feral Scream is now of higher fidelity on very low settings.
- Pulsefire Ezreal's homeguard animation has been restored.
- Bad Santa Veigar no longer has visible seams on very low settings.
- Corporate Mundo's impact VFX have been restored when W - Infected Cleaver successfully hits an enemy target.
- Definitely Not Vel'Koz's tentacles no longer abruptly transition during animations.
- Hired Gun Graves no longer has an empty gap on his gun - VFX have been restored.
- Snow Day Singed's Q - Poison Trail is now more gameplay friendly, regardless of if Colorblind Mode is activated or not.
- Candy King Ivern no longer hums over all of his VO lines.
- Dark Star Varus' blue tendrils no longer flicker during several graphics settings.
- We fixed a grammar error in the copy when more than one key fragment drops
NORTH AMERICA ONLY
POSITION FILTERS :: Position filters (top/mid/jungle/etc.) replaced role filters (assassin/tank/mage/etc.) and show the most commonly played champions by position from the previous patch
ADDING FAVORITES :: Right-clicking champions adds them as a favorite (by position). Sort by favorites to push champs you’ve added to the top of the list
MASTERY POINT SORTING :: Added a dropdown next to the search bar to sort champs by highest to lowest mastery points
HEXTECH CHEST FILTER :: Filter to see champions you haven’t earned a Hextech chest with
REGIONS EXCEPT FOR NA
MASTERY POINT SORTING :: Added a dropdown next to the search bar to sort champs by highest to lowest mastery points
HEXTECH CHEST FILTER :: Filter to see champions you haven’t earned a Hextech chest with (non-ranked queues only)
Upcoming Skins & Chromas
The following skins will be released in patch 7.19:
- Arclight Yorick
- Beekeeper Singed
- Eternal Sword Yi
- Sacred Sword Janna
- Soaring Sword Fiora
The following chromas will be released in patch 7.19:
- Eternal Sword Yi (Pearl)
- Eternal Sword Yi (Turquoise)
- Eternal Sword Yi (Ruby)
- Eternal Sword Yi (Obsidian)
- Eternal Sword Yi (Rose Quartz)
- Sacred Sword Yi (Peridot)
- Sacred Sword Yi (Sapphire)
- Sacred Sword Yi (Rose Quartz)
- Sacred Sword Yi (Aquamarine)