Patch 7.18 is a doozy, especially after how quiet and tame Patch 7.17 was. We’re seeing lots of big balance changes in here, especially in the top lane and jungle.
Ornn is also getting quite a few changes, including a new upgrade-able item added to his roster. Tristana finally got hit with the nerf-bat after a fairly dominant patch with a 20 percent play rate. There are tons of small ratio changes in here, like a buff to Nidalee’s heal and Azir’s ultimate.
Unfortunately, this is not the patch with the upcoming Ardent Censor nerf, but there are changes to Gargoyle’s Stoneplate and the Frost Queen’s item line. This patch is definitely going to shake up the meta quite a bit and we’re excited to see what happens.
Emotes will also be rolling out to OCE this patch, with other regions following in the next patch!
Emotes arrive this patch in OCE (global rollout expected in 7.20). Everyone will receive a free Thumbs Up emote to celebrate launch!
CHANGE YOUR LOADOUT :: Equip your emotes to your emotes wheel in the Collections tab. The emote wheel has five slots, with two extra slots for emotes that will automatically flash at the start of the game and at the end of a win.
LET ‘EM KNOW :: Use the emote wheel ingame (bound to T by default)
YOU ARE NOW ON MY IGNORE LIST :: “Mute Enemy Emotes” option added to the menu. In game, you can also individually mute a player’s emotes in the scoreboard.
MASTERY MUTING :: The Champion Mastery emotes are becoming part of the emotes system, so the “Mute Enemy Emotes” option will also mute champ mastery emotes
YOU’VE EARNED IT :: Everyone gets the Thumbs Up emote
GET ALL THE FEELS :: Expand your collection by purchasing emotes from the store’s Emotes tab. There will be 20 emotes available for launch, but we’ll be continually adding more.
R base damage increased
R - Emperor's Divide
BASE DAMAGE :: 150/225/300 >>> 150/250/450
E bonus against poisoned targets shifted from base damage into ratio.
E - Twin Fang
BONUS DAMAGE VS POISONED TARGETS :: 15/40/65/90/115 >>> 10/30/50/70/90
BONUS RATIO VS POISONED TARGETS :: 0.4 ability power >>> 0.5 ability power
W base damage decreased but scaling increased. E cooldown increased at later ranks.
W - Volatile Spiderling
BASE DAMAGE :: 60/110/160/210/260 >>> 55/95/135/175/215
RATIO :: 0.8 ability power >>> 0.95 ability power
E - Rappel
COOLDOWN :: 26/23/20/17/14 seconds >>> 26/24/22/20/18 seconds
Passive’s movement speed increased. Ultimate now grants passive’s movement speed within its area.
Passive - Duelist's Dance
BONUS MOVEMENT SPEED :: 15/25/35/45% >>> 20/30/40/50%
R - Grand Challenge
[NEW?] RE-ADDED :: Fiora once again gains Duelist's Dance movement speed bonus while in Grand Challenge’s circle
Mini Gnar’s base health decreased.
BASE HEALTH :: 540 >>> 510
Base armor decreased. E collision detection decreased.
BASE ARMOR :: 29.05 >>> 26.05
E - Body Slam
COLLISION DETECTION RADIUS :: 210 >>> 180
HITBOX OFFSET RADIUS :: 60 >>> 40
[NEW] LESS BODY SLAM :: Indicator changed to more accurately reflect hitbox
E explosion base damage and ratio increased.
E - Triggerseed
BASE EXPLOSION DAMAGE :: 50/70/90/110/130 >>> 60/80/100/120/140
EXPLOSION RATIO :: 0.7 ability power >>> 0.8 ability power
W base shield and shield per enemy champion decreased.
W - Golden Aegis
BASE SHIELD :: 65/90/115/140/165 >>> 60/85/110/135/160
BONUS SHIELD PER CHAMPION :: 2/2.5/3/3.5/4% Jarvan’s maximum health >>> 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3% Jarvan’s maximum health
R cooldown increased.
R - Fate's Call
COOLDOWN :: 120/90/60 seconds >>> 150/120/90 seconds
W shield increased at early ranks, decreased at rank 5.
W - Safeguard
BASE SHIELD :: 40/100/160/220/280 >>> 55/110/165/220/275
E cooldown increased at early ranks.
E - Relentless Pursuit
COOLDOWN :: 18/17/16/15/14 seconds >>> 22/20/18/16/14 seconds
Q mana cost no longer increases with rank-up. Q now refunds half of its mana cost when it hits terrain.
Q - Dredge Line
COST :: 60/70/80/90/100 mana >>> 60 mana at all ranks
[NEW] HOOK CITY :: Hitting terrain also refunds half of Dredge Line’s mana cost
E heal ratio increased.
E - Primal Surge
MINIMUM RATIO :: 0.275 ability power >>> 0.325 ability power
MAXIMUM RATIO :: 0.55 ability power >>> 0.65 ability power
New Forge Item: Zhonya’s Paradox. First Ram’s maximum speed increased.
Passive - Living Forge
[NEW] SLOW DOWN :: Ornn’s Masterwork upgrades are now locked until he reaches level 13
[NEW] Zhonya's Paradox
ZHONYA’S PARADOX :: Zhonya’s Hourglass can now be Forged into Zhonya’s Paradox.
TOTAL COST :: 3900 gold (1000 gold upgrade cost)
ABILITY POWER :: 100 (+30 increase)
ARMOR :: 60 (+45 increase)
R - Call of the Forge God
[NEW] RAM TRAVEL TIME TOWARD ORNN :: 1050 >>> 1200
Mid-Patch 7.17 Balance Updates
HEALTH GROWTH STAT :: 85 >>> 90
BASE HEALTH REGEN :: 7.18 >>> 9
HEALTH REGEN GROWTH :: 0.6 >>> 0.8
ATTACK SPEED GROWTH :: 1.3% >>> 2%
Q - VOLCANIC RUPTURE PILLAR SPAWN TIME :: 1.25 >>> 1.125 seconds
WALLED-IN :: Volcanic Rupture’s pillar now displaces champions who are standing on top of it when it spawns
WALL-TO-WALL :: Volcanic Rupture’s pillar now attempts to spawn outside of a wall if it is slightly in a wall, otherwise it destroys itself
W - BELLOWS’ BREATH LENGTH :: 500 >>> 550
FLARE-ON :: Bellows’ Breath now flares out slightly at the end
W SELF-SLOW :: 65% >>> 50%
[REM] EXCUSE ME :: Ornn’s E - Searing Charge no longer knocks back opponents he charges through
R - CALL OF THE FORGE GOD COOLDOWN :: 150/115/80 seconds >>> 130/100/70 seconds
Base armor increased.
BASE ARMOR :: 22 >>> 25
W ratio increased.
W - Rune Prison
RATIO :: 0.2 ability power >>> 0.6 ability power
W dash speed decreased late game. R radius decreased, and cooldown decreased late game.
W - Grand Entrance
DASH SPEED :: 1800 + 100% movement speed >>> 2050 + 30% movement speed
R - The Quickness
COLLISION DETECTION RADIUS :: 200 >>> 150
COOLDOWN :: 120/110/100 seconds >>> 120/100/80 seconds
E bomb ratio reduced.
E - Explosive Charge
BOMB RATIO :: 0.5/0.65/0.8/0.95/1.1 bonus attack damage >>> 0.5/0.6/0.7/0.8/0.9 bonus attack damage
4-STACK BOMB RATIO :: 1.1/1.43/1.76/2.09/2.42 bonus attack damage >>> 1.1/1.32/1.54/1.76/1.98 bonus attack damage
Passive - Junkyard Titan
CLARITY :: Rumble’s Heat bar now turns orange when at or above 80 Heat
HEALTH :: 325 >>> 300
Spellthief's Edge Line
Frostfang now has cooldown reduction, Frost Queen’s Claim build path adjusted to compensate. Tribute lockout for last-hitting a minion increased.
LAST-HIT PENALTY :: After last-hitting a minion, Tribute charge generation is paused for ||| 6 seconds >>> 8 seconds
[NEW] COOLDOWN REDUCTION :: 10%
Frost Queen's Claim
BUILD PATH :: Frostfang + Fiendish Codex + 450 gold >>> Frostfang + Blasting Wand + 500 gold (total cost unchanged)
Health granted by Stoneplate's active's is now partially base health, rather than entirely bonus health.
RESPECT THE RATIO :: Grants bonus health equal to 40% (or 100%) of base and bonus health >>> Grants base health equal to 40% (or 100%) base health and bonus health equal to 40% (or 100%) bonus health
ADDITION, NOT MULTIPLICATION :: Gargoyle Stoneplate's active no longer scales with Stoneborn Pact or Nunu's Q - Consume Well Fed buff
BUGFIX :: (Re-)fixed a bugged interaction between Cinderhulk and Gargoyle Stoneplate's active which caused the combination to grant more bonus health than intended
Cost decreased. Health decreased.
TOTAL COST :: 2300 gold >>> 2200 gold
COMBINE COST :: 700 gold >>> 600 gold
HEALTH :: 350 >>> 250
Rotating Game Mode
Invasion continues through this patch as part of the Star Guardian: New Horizon event. Band together as the Star Guardians to protect the city from waves of monster attacks until 9/25/17 at 11:59 p.m. PT. Complete missions on a dynamic map to earn Starlight Tokens that you can transform into a New Horizon Ward and Hextech Mystery Champion (random Champion Permanent). Some missions also grant you icons with temporary Star Guardian-skinned mastery emotes that you can flash across games.
All Star Guardian skins are free to play within this five-player PvE game mode.
- Aatrox now correctly keeps his W - Blood Thirst/Blood Price Empowered attack through his Passive - Blood Well revive
- Fixed a bug where Sivir’s E - Spell Shield could block Summoner Spells if they were cast at the same time as any ability
- Fizz’s R - Chum the Waters no longer attaches to spell-shielded champions at max range
- Xerath’s W - Eye of Destruction slow now correctly decays from 25% to 13% once, not twice
- Ornn’s Twisted Treeline starting recommended items are no longer more than starting gold
- Fixed a big where Ornn’s E - Searing Charge didn’t destroy Anivia’s W - Crystallize, merely made it invisible
- Fixed a bug where Fiora’s R - Grand Challenge particles were showing up when the spell had been blocked by Nocturne’s W - Shroud of Darkness
- Karma, Lulu, and Brand now correctly have recommended item pages for both mid and support
- Vi’s recommended items on Howling Abyss no longer include Dead Man’s Plate twice
- Preferred item slot functionality now correctly works in the first game that the custom item set page is used
- Fixed a Mac client bug where resizing the game window caused healthbars to become incorrectly offset
- The 2016 All-Star Ward's health bar no longer overlaps the ward itself
- Parts of Star Guardian Ahri's model no longer disappear when affected by Kalista's The Black Spear
- Star Guardian Soraka no longer has lingering VFX when she cancels her recall animation
- Star Guardian Soraka's recall SFX are once again synced with the animation
- Shields now follow Star Guardian Syndra during her recall animation
- VFX have been restored during Atlantean Syndra's enhanced recall animation
- Heartseeker Quinn is once again swinging on her swing during her recall animation
- Dark Star Kha'Zix's evolved E - Leap VFX are now more visible on low and very low graphics settings
- The gems on Dark Star Orianna's ball no longer disappear when moving the camera away and back on lower graphics settings
- Blood Moon Talon's Passive - Blade End VFX are now more visible on elevated terrain.
- Game invites are now correctly prevented by blocking
- Champion voice lines now correctly play upon entering champion select or rerolling
- Fixed a bug where changing leaders in a custom game prevented the new leader from adding bots
- Mission progress now correctly appears upon log-in
Upcoming Skins & Chromas
The following skins will be released during patch 7.18:
- Championship Ashe
- Eternum Cassiopeia
The following chromas will be released during patch 7.18:
- Championship Ashe
- Primetime Draven