Patch 7.17 is here and it’s a bit smaller than what we’re used to seeing. That makes sense, as this is another patch for the World Championship, so it just has a couple small balance tweaks.
We finally see a nerf to Ardent Censer, which has been causing a bit of a mess, making champions like Janna and Soraka really good. (I’ll miss it.) We also see buffs to Zed and Ezreal, giving them a bit of a boost. Ezreal has been sitting at the bottom of the ADC win rate barrel lately. Draven, who has been at the top of said barrel, is also getting a punch to his adoration stacks. If he dies, he’ll now lose more.
And of course, the newest champion, Ornn, will be released onto the Rift.
Ornn, the Fire Below the Mountain, will be released during patch 7.17!
Passive grants less base gold; Draven loses more stacks on death.
Passive - League of Draven
ADORATION STACKS LOST ON DEATH :: 50% >>> 75%
BASE GOLD ON CHAMPION KILL :: 50 >>> 25
Q ratio increased.
Q - Mystic Shot
RATIO :: 1.1 total attack damage >>> 1.25 total attack damage
E no longer ticks down during R’s charge. R fear duration now scales with distance traveled.
E - Devastating Charge
[NEW] CAN’T STOP WON’T STOP :: Duration no longer ticks down during Onslaught of Shadow's charge
R - Onslaught of Shadows
FEAR DURATION :: 1 second >>> 0.75 - 1.5 seconds (based on how far Hecarim traveled with his Spectral Riders)
Passive mark expires faster but deals more damage when proc’d. Q cooldown decreased at early ranks, increased at rank 5.
Passive - Sunlight
MARK DURATION :: 3.5 seconds >>> 1.5 seconds
DAMAGE :: 20-105 (at levels 1-18) >>> 25-144 (at levels 1-18)
Q - Shield of Daybreak
COOLDOWN :: 9/8/7/6/5 seconds >>> 6 seconds
Passive can no longer proc off of wards.
Passive - Sap Magic
WARDS AREN’T PEOPLE :: Sap Magic no longer procs when Maokai attacks a ward
R slow duration and reactivation window increased. W lockout after failing to hit a champion with E reduced, W locked on debuff now refreshes with W hits.
W - Purge
STAY FOCUSED :: Purge now refreshes the duration of the ‘locked on’ debuff, preventing cases where Urgot would switch targets partway through Purge’s duration
E - Disdain
QUICK RECOVERY :: If Urgot casts Disdain during Purge but fails to toss a champion, Purge will now resume firing for the remainder of its duration a bit earlier than before (lockout period reduced to ||| ~1.375 seconds >>> 1 second)
R - Fear Beyond Death
SLOW DURATION & REACTIVATION WINDOW :: 3 seconds >>> 4 seconds
Base attack speed increased. W shadow duration increased.
BASE ATTACK SPEED :: 0.644 >>> 0.651
W - Living Shadow
SHADOW DURATION :: 4.5 seconds >>> 5 seconds
Attack speed buff and health drain buff decreased.
ATTACK SPEED BUFF :: 20-35% >>> 25%
HEALTH DRAIN BUFF :: 20-35 >>> 25
BUGFIX :: Fixed a bug where the Metallicize active forgot to remove Cinderhulk’s +20% bonus health multiplier when calculating its health increase. Cinderhulk’s multiplier always applies after all other health-modifying effects, meaning Metallicize was benefitting more than it should have.
SO MUCH MATH :: For example, at 1000 bonus health, the combination of Cinderhulk + Stoneplate was granting 1640 additional bonus health instead of 1400 with three or more enemies nearby. (These numbers don't take base health into account since that portion of Stoneplate's bonus wasn't bugged.)
Preferred Item Slots
Items can be assigned to specific item slots in your item sets!
PERSONAL PREFERENCE :: Preferred item slots are a new feature of item sets (under the “Collection” tab). Settings are saved per item set, so make sure you’ve assigned your item sets to the correct champions and maps!
CLICK ME :: Items added to an item set now display a grid icon in the upper righthand corner. Clicking the grid icon lets you assign a preferred slot for that item to occupy.
REDUNDANCY IS OKAY :: Multiple items can be assigned the same preferred slot, but each item can only be assigned one preferred slot
HOW ACCOMMODATING :: When you purchase an item with a preferred slot, your inventory will automatically shift to put that item in its preferred slot unless a different active item is already in that slot
HOW FLEXIBLE :: You’re still free to rearrange your inventory however you want in-game!
NEVER MIND :: Switching item sets in-game also switches your preferred item slot settings. Reminder: the “Default” item set has no preferred slot assignments.
HEY WAIT :: A notification now appears when you miss honors from your previous match.
Rotating Game Modes
Hunt of the Blood Moon
The Hunt of the Blood Moon looms into rotation from 8/25/17 at 12:00 PM PT - 8/29/17 at 04:00 AM PT and 8/31/17 at 12:00 PM PT - 9/5/17 at 04:00 AM PT. Sacrifice Spirits, Demon Heralds, and enemy champions to gain points and the Demon Brand buff, which turns you invisible to hunt down your enemies.
New Skins: Star Guardian
It’s time to shine, ladies and gents. Five new Star Guardian skins arrive this patch.
Star Guardian Ahri
Star Guardian Ezreal
Star Guardian Miss Fortune
Star Guardian Soraka
Star Guardian Syndra
New Game Mode: Invasion
Witness the arrival of a new and mysterious Star Guardian team, and participate in the new Invasion game mode to help protect the city from a series of monster attacks. From 9/7/17 at 11:00 AM PT – 9/25/17 at 11:59 PM PT, band together in a five-player PvE game mode to defend the Starlight. Earn Starlight Tokens for completed missions on this custom map, and then craft those tokens into the New Horizon Ward and a Hextech Mystery Champion (random Champion Permanent). All Star Guardian skins are free to play during Invasion.
At some point during patch 7.17, we’ll update match history to be consistent with a change to Riot’s API policy. Third party websites can now collect and display unranked data, providing they follow some guidelines.
SITUATION NORMAL :: Unranked match history is now publicly visible
- Corrected Cho’Gath’s suggested starting items to no longer cost more than starting gold
- Muramana now correctly refunds 15% of spent mana
- Blade of the Ruined King no longer causes Black Cleaver to apply two stacks per basic attack
- Fixed an interaction where energized attacks prevented some movement speed boosts, including Blade of the Ruined King’s active and Warwick’s W - Blood Hunt
- Urgot is no longer too cool to have Control Wards in his recommended items
- Yasuo can no longer activate Zeke’s Convergence by attempting to casting R - Last Breath on enemy who is not currently knocked up
- Rek’Sai’s E - Tunnel no longer becomes permanent if they are destroyed as she exits them
- Zac’s Passive - Cell Division bloblets are now correctly invisible when in fog of war
- Star Guardian Jinx and Poppy no longer play their initial spawn song during their first respawn
- Twisted Fate’s W - Pick a Card empowered basic attacks no longer consume all Energized buff charges
- Redemption’s active is now correctly amplified by its own +10% Heal and Shield Power passive while the casting champion is dead
- Malzahar’s Passive - Void Shift now correctly blocks Fizz’s R - Chum the Waters
- Nidalee’s W - Bushwhack is no longer considered a valid unit for Bard’s Q - Cosmic Binding to stun against
- Illaoi’s W - Harsh Lesson no longer does additional damage on crits when she dashes
- Zed’s R - Death Mark no longer behaves inconsistently when interacting with Ryze’s R - Realm Warp
- Fixed a bug where—when playing with a skin—Cassiopeia’s portrait would revert to her base portrait while dead
- Arcade Hecarim's VO is now more audible
- Dark Star Thresh's center body buffbone now follow his model during all animations
- Star Guardian Lulu's buffbone  now follows her model during homeguard and recall animations
- Slay Belle Katarina no longer gets stuck in her recall animation if she uses Passive - Voracity right before beginning her recall
- Lancer Zero Hecarim's Q - Rampage VFX no longer ends prematurely after receiving the second stack
- Dragon Trainer Lulu's Pix no longer uses classic VFX
- Blood Moon Jhin's R - Curtain Call now has enemy and ally indicators
- Battle Boss Malzahar’s auto attack animation is no longer faster than his base model’s
- Players on low-spec mode can now properly access Honor tooltips on the end-of-game screen
- Banned players now have an accurate tooltip telling them why they can’t play
- Fixed a bug where setting your status to “Away” didn’t work
Neo PAX Sivir
Neo PAX Sivir arrives later this patch! Neo PAX Sivir is a limited-time, loot-exclusive skin, craftable with 10 gemstones from 8/31/17 at 11:00 PT until 1/8/18 at 23:59 PT.
Note: Original PAX Sivir owners will automatically receive Neo PAX Sivir and a special loading border for their original skin. The original PAX Sivir will NOT be given away, added to loot, or made available again.