This week’s patch is coming a little bit early because of the holidays. That’s not a complaint, though. Ever since preseason started, we’re excited to see what changes are coming through to balance out this hectic season.
This patch has several tweaks to champions and Keystone Runes, but it’s also loaded with amazing quality-of-life changes.
As of Patch 7.23, there will be a skins collection tab, so you can look at how much money you’ve sunk into the game. Riot has also heard your cries about Blue Essence, and will be rewarding a handful of it after your First Win of the Day, in exchange for some of the bonus XP you would have gotten. They also updated the in-game champion portraits for those using skins, so hopefully you won’t get too many awkward potato-face shots anymore.
Zoe, the Aspect of Twilight, will be released during patch 7.23!
Attack speed increased.
[NEW] INNATE BONUS ATTACK SPEED :: 8% (level 1 attack speed: ||| 0.625 >>> 0.675)
Passive - Prophet of an Elder God
BUFF-FIX :: Tentacle slams no longer fizzle if an enemy dies after being acquired as a slam target
W - Harsh Lesson
BUFF-FIX :: Similar to the above, any tentacles that would slam Illaoi's target now do so if her target dies during Harsh Lesson's leap animation
CONSISTENCY :: Harsh Lesson's empowered attack can no longer be canceled (matching other empowered attacks)
Flame Chompers stop in-progress movement abilities.
E - Flame Chompers!
[NEW] ANKLE BITERS :: Enemies rooted by Flame Chompers now have any in-progress movement abilities stopped
BASE ARMOR :: 40 >>> 36
Base attack damage decreased.
BASE ATTACK DAMAGE :: 69 >>> 66
Health and armor growth stats increased.
HEALTH GROWTH STAT :: 87 >>> 90
ARMOR GROWTH STAT :: 3 >>> 3.5
Mid-Patch 7.22 Balance Updates
These changes were all released shortly after patch 7.22 as our first round of Runes followup (read: None of this is new!). Copying 'em here for completion's sake.
TRIGGERSEED SHIELD :: 70/100/130/160/190 >>> 75/110/145/180/215
BASE HEALTH :: 540 >>> 590
SEARING CHARGE DAMAGE :: 20/40/60/80/100 >>> 30/50/70/90/110
SEARING CHARGE SHOCKWAVE DAMAGE :: 40/80/120/160/200 >>> 50/90/130/170/210
BASE ARMOR :: 30 >>> 28
BASE ATTACK DAMAGE :: 50.04 >>> 46
ARIA OF PERSEVERANCE BASE HEAL :: 35/55/75/95/115 >>> 30/50/70/90/110
ARIA OF PERSEVERANCE SHIELD STRENGTH :: 30/55/80/105/130 >>> 25/50/75/100/125
Summon Aery (Sorcery Keystone)
BASE DAMAGE :: 20-60 (at levels 1-18) >>> 15-40 (at levels 1-18)
BUGFIX :: Aery now deals the correct adaptive damage type based on your stats
Predator (Domination Keystone)
COOLDOWN :: 180-120 seconds (at levels 1-18) >>> 150-100 seconds (at levels 1-18)
Zombie Ward (Domination)
Zombies carry gold, too.
GRAVEROBBER :: Killing a Zombie Ward now grants one gold
- Allies can no longer help you activate Electrocute if they're running it as well
- Arcane Comet can now properly proc off the empowered attack of Viktor's Q - Siphon Power
- Using a Kleptomancy-looted Peering Farsight Totem (blue ward) while also having a Farsight Totem in your inventory no longer puts your Farsight Totem on cooldown
- Ally portraits no longer incorrectly display an empty mana bar if their Manaflow Band Rune is off cooldown
- Wukong's R - Cyclone and Rakan's R - The Quickness now properly benefit from The Ultimate Hat's cooldown reduction
- Taking the Hextech Flashtraption Rune no longer prevents you from buffering inputs when casting your normal Flash
- Champions with clone abilities no longer trigger Presence of Mind when their clones expire
Health increased. Turrets take more damage from minions.
BETTER ROCKS :: All turrets on Summoner's Rift have gained 300 health
ROCK TERMITES :: Minions deal ||| 50% >>> 40% reduced damage to turrets
DISTANCE TRAINING :: After 20 minutes, minions gain +25 movement speed. This change will be enabled several days into the patch so we can more accurately track its impact.
First Win of the Day
We've heard folks asking for ways to gain Blue Essence while in between levels, especially so you can buy champions that would otherwise be just out of your reach. So we're converting some of the XP from the First Win of the Day boost into straight-up Blue Essence.
CLOSE ENOUGH :: 575 XP >>> 50 Blue Essence + 400 XP
Leveling Beyond 30
Leveling difficulty will now normalize once you reach level 50 (before this change, each band of 10 levels up until level 150 required progressively more experience). To learn more about this change, check out this post.
Skins Tab in the Collection
See and sort your full collection of skins in one place!
One of the biggest player requests from the client beta finally arrives—and in style.
ALL SORTS OF SKINS :: Sort your skins collection by champion, champion mastery, tier, theme, or purchase date
WINDOW SHOPPING :: Tick the box to "Show Unowned" skins and purchase them directly from the collection
MAKE A SPLASH :: Click on any skin in the collection to see the full-sized version of the splash. If any chromas are available for that skin, you'll be able to see and purchase those as well.
LEARN FROM THE BEST :: We’re adding the ability to spectate Challenger-tier games through the Ranked ladder on the profile page
Game Info Webpage
We're bringing leagueoflegends.com's champion and item pages back up to date during 7.23. As part of this refresh, the lore sections of the champion pages will now link out to their respective pages on Universe instead.
Additionally, the old Runes and Masteries pages will be removed. We're working on building Runes Reforged into the site as well but won't have that ready for this patch.
In-Client Champion Bios
Short character biographies have been created/adjusted for most champions, with another round coming soon. The full bios remain on Universe—these changes are to give a consistent and quick summary for each champion in the client.
Skin Splash Portraits
A lot of these were bad. Now they're not!
NOT BAD :: About 500 skin portraits in the HUD have been adjusted!
CLEARER VISION :: We’re adding stronger visual cues in champ select so you can’t miss the countdown
BOOSTED :: Battle boosts will be reactivated in ARAM at some point during patch 7.23
New Game Mode: Overcharge
Join the hunt in a 3v3 marksman-only deathmatch during the PROJECT: Hunters event. Destroy charge bots to overcharge your team, granting invulnerability, higher movespeed, and more points for champion kills. If your opponents overcharge, stick to the shadows until they power down.
Kills grant one point. Overcharged kills grant five points. The first team to 50 points wins.
- Made several fixes to improve in-game FPS and performance, especially in games lasting longer than 35 minutes
- Made several fixes for issues that occurred if players left their client open for extremely long periods of time
- "Center Camera on Champion" now always puts your champion in the center of your screen, rather than doing nothing in Locked Camera mode or placing your champion at the last camera offset position in Semi-Locked Camera mode
- Emotes now work in custom games!
- Fixed a bug where Baron Nashor could spawn before Rift Herald returned to the Void
- Tooltips for all boot items have been fixed
- The Bandit passive on Ancient Coin, Spellthief's Edge, Relic Shield, and their upgrades no longer incorrectly grants gold for nearby minion deaths while you're dead
- The first ring of Nautilus's E - Riptide now properly slows enemies hit
- Dr. Mundo's Q - Infected Cleaver now refunds the proper health amount when it kills an enemy
- Champion-created units with ward-style health (ex. Gangplank's E - Powder Keg) can now properly be attacked by Xayah while Passive - Clean Cuts is active, as well as by Azir's soldiers
- Thresh's Q - Death Sentence chain once again disappears if he hits a spell shielded unit
- Fixed a bug with Lulu, Sona, and Ryze where multiple instances of the same shielding effect were stacking, rather than refreshing. (This bug mostly occurred at high levels of CDR.)
- Fixed a bug where basic attacks empowered by Blitzcrank's E - Power Fist or Vi's E - Excessive Force were fizzling if the buffs expired mid-attack. The empowered attacks now properly complete.
- Re-fixed a series of bugs where some channeled effects were interrupted through spell shields by hard crowd control
- Fixed a bug where if Ryze's target died during the cast time of W - Rune Prison or E - Spell Flux, he wouldn't get the cooldown reset effect of Q - Overload
- The Death Sworn and Omega Squad ward skins have been sized up to match other wards
- Lancer Rogue and Lancer Paragon Blitzcrank's dance SFX are now synced with the animations
- Lancer Rogue Blitzcrank's recall SFX are no longer too quiet
- Red beam VFX for Battlecast Vel'Koz's R - Life Form Disintegration Ray are no longer missing
- Victorious Graves' Q - End of the Line no longer uses classic VFX
- Giant Enemy Crabgot no longer steals ground VFX from Battlecast Urgot when casting R - Fear Beyond Death
- Battlecast Urgot chromas textures are now affected by character quality settings
- Moving the camera away from Warring Kingdoms Nidalee and back onto her during Q - Javelin Toss no longer causes the javelin to disappear
- Full Metal Jayce once again uses proper E - Thundering Blow VFX, as opposed to classic
- Program Lissandra's W - Ring of Frost no longer breaks when used on a dashing champion
- On-hit VFX have been restored for High Noon and PROJECT: Yasuo
- Mantra'd R - Soulflare VFX are no longer cut off on elevated terrain for Conqueror and Winter Wonder Karma
- Ring VFX during PROJECT: Yi's taunt no longer disappear when moving the camera away and back
- PROJECT: Ashe's digital screen VFX no longer disappear when moving the camera away and back during her recall animation
- Arcade Ahri's W - Fox Fire VFX no longer render under various map objects
- Astronautilus' shiny visor VFX no longer disappear when moving the camera away and back
- Blood Moon Yasuo's crescent moon VFX no longer disappear when moving the camera away and back
- The chair in Heartseeker Ashe's recall no longer rotates at the end of the animation
- Dark Star Thresh is no longer missing his VO when collecting souls
- SKT, Sewn Chaos and TPA Orianna are no longer missing SFX during their taunt animations
- Cutthroat Graves' left hand no longer clips through his weapon during several animations
- Kog'Maw's R - Living Artillery warning indicator VFX can once again be seen from self/ally view in Medium, Low, and Very Low graphics settings
- Mecha Rengar’s Passive - Unseen Predator VO for the first and second stack of Bonetooth Necklace have been restored
Upcoming Skins & Emotes
The following skins will be released in patch 7.23:
- PROJECT: Jhin
- PROJECT: Vayne
- PROJECT: Vi
The following emotes will be released in patch 7.23:
You Get the Horns / Charmed / Unbenched / Sad Kitten / PROJECT: Hunters / Justice Garen-teed