URF is coming back to celebrate the Lunar Revel event and this time it has more improvements than ever. Rather than the past versions of the mode, which simply shook it up by adding things like randomizing the champions, this time around Riot is making some real gameplay changes in the mode to create ARURF+.
As you might have guessed from the name, ARURF+ is going to be all random, just like ARURF, but it’s also bringing in the reroll bench from Howling Abyss. For those not up on their ARAM facts, the reroll bench allows anyone on your team to pick up a champion and play them if someone else on the team chose to reroll that champion, giving everyone access to a few more characters each game.
Other changes to the mode include the addition of Nexus Blitz’s Champion Cannons which can launch players to a location of their choosing on the map. Also changing are Baron and Elder Dragon. Instead of the standard Elemental Drakes, the mode will now include a special version of the Elder Dragon, which grants all of the bonuses of the Elemental Drakes, plus the Elder Dragon buff and it spawns in at 6 minutes. As for Baron, the buff will now spawn at 10 minutes and grant the team that secures it both traditional Baron buff as well as a Rift Herald for their troubles. Also joining in are smaller changes like Homeguard always being active, no champions being disabled and Teleport being taken out of the mode.
Finally, Riot is also making a big change to champion balance in the new ARURF+ mode with buffs and nerfs going out to the 10 highest and lowest performing champions from previous versions of ARURF. Here are all the changes that are coming to those champs:
- Sona - HP 480 -> 460, HP Lvl 77 -> 50, Armor 3.3 -> 3, Damage - 10%
- Karthus - HP 528 -> 450, HP Lvl 87 -> 65, Damage -15%
- Wukong - AD Lvl 4 -> 3, Base AD 68 -> 63, HP Lvl 85 -> 70, Damage - 10%
- Rumble - HP Lvl 85 -> 65, HP 589 -> 550, Damage - 10%
- Ryze - Damage - 10%
- Jax - HP 592 -> 550, HP Lvl 85 -> 60
- Fiora - HP Lvl 85 -> 60, AS Lvl 3.2 -> 2.5
- Zed - HP 582 -> 550, HP Lvl 85 -> 60, Damage - 10%
- Tahm Kench - MS 335 -> 340, HP 538 -> 600, HP/Lvl 102 -> 120, Damage +20%
- Kalista - AD/lvl 3.6 -> 7, Damage +20%
- Rek’Sai - Health 570->600, HPLvl 85->100, ADLvl 3.35->4.5, Arm 33->38, ASLvl 2->3
- Katarina - HPlvl 92->105, MS 340->345
- Ornn - Health 565->600, HPLvl 95-105, MS 335->340
- Evelynn - MS 335->345, Damage +10%
- Zac - HP/lvl 95->105, Arm 33->38, Arm/lvl 3.5->4.5. MRlvl 1.25->1.75
In order to help everybody celebrate the game mode Riot is also offering a pass called the “Golden Spatula Club” which will grant players a random skin boost every game, an additional reroll every game, three randomized champion finishers and a special taunt. All of this is included with the Golden Spatula Club which will cost 1250 RP and last until the end of the event.