Russia (LCL) and Turkey (TCL) will be clashing on the Rift to see who can walk away victorious for their Rift Rivals set!
Each region has four teams to represent them. The LCL has brought M19, Vaevictis eSports, Vega Squadron and Virtus.pro. Fighting for TCL is 1907 Fenerbahçe, SuperMassive, Team AURORA and Crew e-Sports Club. The two commonly known teams are SuperMassive and Virtus.pro, who both made appearances at the 2017 Mid-Season Invitational.
SuperMassive grabbed 7th place at MSI, with Virtus.pro ending in 10th with the OCE team Dire Wolves. Based off of that alone, we can expect SuperMassive to fair better, but it’s definitely too early to call for that. M19 is the rebranded version of one of the 2016 Worlds favorite - Albus NoX Luna. While some of the members of the original roster left, we’ll still be keeping our eyes out for Kirill “Likkrit” Malofeyev.
1907 Fenerbahçe won the series for Turkey after dominating Vega Squadron in the finals and having a fairly dominant tournament. The team won every game they played, despite being fairly new to the scene.
This article will be updated as the tournament progresses, including game results.
Day 1 - July 6
- SuperMassive vs Virtus.pro, 1 - 0
- Vaevictis eSports vs Crew e-Sports Club, 0 - 1
- M19 vs 1907 Fenerbahçe, 0 - 1
- Vega Squadron vs Team AURORA, 1 - 0
- 1907 Fenerbahçe vs Vaevictis eSports, 1 - 0
Day 2 - July 7
- M19 vs Crew e-Sports Club, 0 - 1
- Vega Squadron vs SuperMassive, 1 - 0
- Virtus.pro vs Team AURORA, 0 - 1
- 1907 Fenerbahçe vs Vega Squadron, 1 - 0
- Vaevictis eSports vs SuperMassive, 0 - 1
Day 3 - July 8
- Team AURORA vs M19, 1 - 0
- Crew e-Sports Club vs Vega Squadron, 1 - 0
- Team AURORA vs Vaevictis eSports, 1 - 0
- 1907 Fenerbahçe vs Virtus.pro, 1 - 0
- SuperMassive vs M19, 0 - 1
Vega Squadron vs 1907 Fenerbahçe, 0 - 3