After two weeks of play, the NA LCS doesn’t really have a stand out team. With no one undefeated — and even more surprisingly, no one winless — the field is still wide open for teams to prove that they are a cut above their competition. Which is exactly what we’ll see in week three.
Week three’s match ups seem tailor made for Summer Split standings so far. During the first day, every match is a close call — depending on who starts for Cloud9. Every team is faced with an opponent fairly close to themselves in skill or standings.
If there’s one match that could be the standout from the slate of games though, it’s Team Liquid vs Echo Fox. Both teams sit at the top of the standings at 3-1 and both teams’ only loss has come against a team they weren’t supposed to lose to — Golden Guardians for Team Liquid and OpTic for Echo Fox. While both teams seem impressive, this will be the first real test for either of them up against an equally impressive team. Plus this game has the added bonus of trying to guess which role Heo “Huni” Seung-hoon might play. So far, the Echo Fox top laner has played four roles in five games, and support is all he is missing.
Saturday, June 30
- Cloud9 vs TSM, 5 p.m. EST
- Team Liquid vs Echo Fox, 6 p.m. EST
- 100 Thieves vs Clutch Gaming, 7 p.m. EST
- FlyQuest vs Golden Guardians, 8 p.m. EST
- OpTic Gaming vs Counter Logic Gaming, 9 p.m. EST
Sunday, July 1
- Golden Guardians vs TSM, 3 p.m. EST
- Counter Logic Gaming vs FlyQuest, 4 p.m. EST
- Clutch Gaming vs Team Liquid, 5 p.m. EST
- Echo Fox vs Cloud9, 6 p.m. EST
- 100 Thieves vs OpTic Gaming, 7 p.m. EST